October 26, 2014

GEICO's Little Piggy Makes Us 'Wee Wee Wee' All the Way Home (VIDEO)

by Ryan McKee, posted Oct 7th 2010 3:30PM
You're a serious person. You work all day and read classic tomes of literature at night. However, while catching the evening news, GEICO's piggy commercial starts and causes you to shoot expensive wine through your nose with laughter.

It's stupid and silly and really seems to have nothing to do with auto insurance, but the new purple stain on your cashmere proves it's effective.

GEICO is the first company most people think of when hearing auto insurance. And it's not on the strength of their insurance, it's their absurdist commercials that feature a gecko with a Cockney accent, cave men and now a humanoid pig.
The company been using this market campaign for a dozen years and they still surprise us. The piggy makes us laugh. Let's hope ABC doesn't go crazy again and turn it into a sitcom like 'Cavemen.'

Mar

I love this commercial. It makes me smile every time it comes out. So funny!

January 10 2011 at 9:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peter

Seriously cute commercial. I love the piggy--and I side with him and his joie de vivre against the dour mom and the annoyed brat next to him. I also love the way the pig snaps into deadpan mode as soon as he arrives home and is reminded where he is--as if he hasn't been celebrating at the top of his little porcine lungs during the whole drive. Of course, it's that juxtaposition of the ridiculous (the nursery rhyme pig reinterpreted as an irrepressible kid) with the familiar (the routine drive home from school and the conventional mom and human kid showing exasperation over the "there's always one of those kids" piggy in the car) that make the humor. That sort of absurd juxtaposition is what also drives the metrosexual caveman and the modest but adored gekko.

November 22 2010 at 5:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
powell05powell

OMG.....once I hear it, it's stuck in my head ALL day!!!!!

October 12 2010 at 8:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sondra

This commercial is too cute. Love the look on the boy sitting in the seat next to the pig. Someone earned their money coming up with this one. Gecko is good, Elmer Fudd cracks me up, cave men were absolutely the worst thing I have ever seen.

October 11 2010 at 9:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beverly

I absolutely LOVE this commercial. I can't watch it enough!!!

October 11 2010 at 7:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ronsmooth203

I love this commercial, at first i was like what the f, now i cant stop laughing, i downloaded it to my ringtone and when i get calls, people hear it and either there like what the hell is that and the other half is dying laughing. lmao best commercial that has nothing to do with insurance, my second best commercial is the bunny that sings from the skittles. lmao

October 11 2010 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tom m

Hate the cavemen, hate the pig, hate that stupid bundle of money with eyes.....would love to see the cavemen start a fire with the money and put the pig on a spit!

October 11 2010 at 9:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leslie

The Little Piggy commercial is funny along with Looney Tones, Elmer Fudd. Poor "honest Abe",bet he slept on the couch that night! The gecko is cute too.

October 09 2010 at 10:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pinsleric

This is my favorite commercial in recent memory. I have to stop what I'm doing every time it comes on. Absolutely hilarious!

October 08 2010 at 12:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to pinsleric's comment
Erich

I HATE HATE HATE HATE this commercial all the way Home. Soon as I see it, Hit The Mute.

October 08 2010 at 5:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brett Alan

Count me among the fans of the commercial. Cracks me up to no end.

On the other hand, the woodchuck one bugs me. Why? Because the whole point is supposed to be that the answer is "yes", right? I mean, obviously, the Waltons took a long time to say good night, Abe Lincoln was honest, and the little piggy cried "Wee" all the way home. But a woodchuck CAN'T chuck wood. Otherwise we wouldn't be asking how much wood a woodchuck would chuck if he could!

October 07 2010 at 9:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply