April 17, 2014

NBC Cancels 'Outlaw'

by Catherine Lawson, posted Oct 12th 2010 7:25AM
Jimmy Smits in 'Outlaw'The news just keeps getting worse for Jimmy Smits and the 'Outlaw' gang. Now, it's been announced that NBC has decided to move the legal drama from Friday night to Saturday night.

According to The Live Feed, the remaining four episodes will still air, but it seems certain by now that the series is gradually being canceled. Why it's being dragged out is unclear, but perhaps the suits at NBC need more time to find a suitable replacement.

The reschedule is effectively the first cancellation for NBC this fall and the third overall, after 'Lone Star' and 'My Generation' were swiftly nixed by FOX and ABC respectively.

The vacancy left by 'Outlaw' in the Friday night 10PM ET slot will be filled by a two-hour version of television news magazine 'Dateline.'

The latest episode of 'Outlaw' attracted an audience of 4.1 million viewers. The final four episodes will air Sat., 8PM ET on NBC from this week.

samantha wightman

NBC should be ashamed for axing such brillant show, i found myself hanging out for the next episode and it felt longer then a week inbetween, instead of mindless dribble about vampires or "reallity shows" or shows just aimed at teenages this one has a great story line with important issues and very enjoyable to watch. Please some other studio pick it up, don't let it die. i also was never really a big fan of jimmy smits, but i am now. He makes the whole show.

November 07 2010 at 12:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robert Day

I was wondering how long congress would let his show go on. I told all my friends as well as colleges they would pull the plug. They don't want the cover-ups, kickbacks etc.. being exposed. After all, like Mark Twain said "We have the best government money can buy". I guess we can say the same for NBC executives. Take your kickback, payoffs etc... and shut down a show that focused on just that type of corruption. I do hope a network that has values will pick it up. I for one am a big fan!

October 30 2010 at 10:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bgmavee

really NBC, maybe we should cancel the higher ups. I liked this show....

October 19 2010 at 7:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deborah

I agree. Outlaw is a great show. NBC must stand for "Nothing But Cancellations". I hope another network picks up the show. It's a good one and it will be missed.

October 18 2010 at 9:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deborah

I can't believe that NBC is cancelling this show. Outlaw is a show with an actual plot. Not like those ridiculous "reality" shows. NBC must stand for "Nothing But Cancellations". I truly hope this show is picked up by another network. I will follow it where ever it goes.

October 18 2010 at 9:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dottie battles

I am so disapointed to loose a Jimmy Smits show again I think the bigies at NBC were the ones that cancelled Star Trek All those many years ago after only 79 episodes. Hey genius guess what show is still popular! Not that Outlaw is another Star Trek but you get the idea, they still don't recognize the good ones!

October 17 2010 at 7:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
justin

NBC sucks, I have watched every show of outlaw with my grandfather thus far. As a college student I think this show actually helps learn more about current situations in the US, and is better than reality shows that have nothing but drugs, sex, and parties in them. Give it a time slot on Wednesday and it will be a hit. I hope NBC reconsiders.

October 17 2010 at 1:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kara

I really like Outlaw. I think the character of Cyrus is very likeable, yet flawed. I hate NBC because they never give anything a chance. I'm so sceptical to start watching anything they premier because of that. That's probably why people never started watching Outlaw...because of NBC not the show! Not to mention that Friday night is the place shows go to die anyway, which is where they started Outlaw out with the exception of the original air date on Wednesday.

October 14 2010 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

I liked this show, it had a lot going for it. NBC, as usual, is being very hasty in this decision, but I can understand; Many years ago, another show Jimmy Smits was a regular on, "L.A. Law," needed a little time to find its audience; today's shows don't really have that time to find their niche now. Either it's a hit and on all the mag covers in two weeks, or it's in the crapper.

October 14 2010 at 11:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zach

LISTEN UP EVERYONE. If you love Outlaw, and you want to try and keep it on the air, you need to let NBC know what you think!

Go to their site and show your support for the show, it might be a long shot, but it could make all the difference!

October 13 2010 at 9:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply