August 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Harrison Ford Tells Jay Leno About His Wedding (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Oct 14th 2010 2:40AM
Harrison Ford Married Calista Flockhart -- But Skipped the HoneymoonHarrison Ford is known as one of the most private guys in Hollywood. The actor tries to avoid publicity and generally stays out of the spotlight. But this past June, Ford married his girlfriend Calista Flockhart -- after they'd been dating for almost a decade. Ten years is a long time to wait for a wedding!

So naturally, their ceremony must have been a huge blowout, with thousands of guests, a red carpet and so on. Or, at least, that's what Jay Leno assumed.

On 'The Tonight Show' (weeknights, 11:35PM ET on NBC), Jay talked to Ford about his recent wedding. The host was surprised to learn that it was a tiny affair -- so small, in fact, that only Harrison, Callista and her son Liam were there, together with New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson (who conducted the ceremony) and his wife. Ford even wore jeans: It's hard to be more casual and low-key than that.

But if the wedding was subdued, the honeymoon still must have been glamorous, right? Maybe it was a vacation to a fabulous island that only celebrities have heard of? Wrong again. Ford told Leno that immediately after he and Calista got hitched, they went to "the Laker game." Ah, that's the honeymoon that every woman dreams of. Not. But, as he said, they also had a ten-year honeymoon before they got married.

Ralph Tate

On the night that my wife and I married we took a nice little drive into the countryside, whereupon we returned to our newly rented apartment. I went to work the next day because I had just started to work at a new job. We couldn't afford a trip then or afford to be off from work. I have since made it right with numerous trips and journeys. That was 57 years ago.

October 14 2010 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

Marriage in Hollywood is a circus at best. Marriage is just a passing fancy to Hollywood. So out of touch with average Americans!

October 14 2010 at 1:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melissa

You think they're in love? Oh, please! Calista married him for his money. If it doesn't work out, she gets 50% of everything, plus a big settlement. He should have stayed with his first wife. He divorced her during his midlife crisis.

October 14 2010 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

Ford's plane had to make an emergency stop in our town several years ago. He went to Outback to eat and the people were so exited because this doesn't happen in Sioux City. Long story short, he had to ask the waiter to tell everyone to leave him alone. Unfortunate for fans because I believe in privacy for celebrities but this was a once in a lifetime chance for some to meet him. I wish he could have been accepting. Happy marriage to you HF.

October 14 2010 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robert

who gives a crap about what this burned out hasbeen does or doesn't do with his girlfriend twiggy?

October 14 2010 at 10:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Robert's comment
Belinda

You are a hypocrite. If you don't care then why were you reading the story?

October 14 2010 at 12:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tomato

GOOD FOR YOU, THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS THAT YOU ARE IN LOVE AND HAVE EACH OTHER. MY HUSBAND IS MY LIFE, I COULD NEVER SEE MY LIFE WITHOUT HIM. HE WAS MENT FOR ME. WE ARE DIRECT OPPOSITES. MY GOD, WHEN WE MARRIED, AFTER THREE MONTHS PRESIDENT KENEDY WAS ASSINATED AND I CRIED FOR THREE DAYS, THATS WHEN I FOUND OUT HE WAS A REPUBLICAN. THEE HEE. OF COURSE AFTER THIS ELECTION, I AM NOW ON THE SAME PAGE AS HE IS. WE WILL BE MARRIED 48 YEARS AND I LOVE HIM MORE AND MORE EACH DAY.

October 14 2010 at 9:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BO

As I recall, Ford commented that they'd had a ten year honeymoon, before the wedding.

October 14 2010 at 8:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply