April 24, 2014

ABC and Marvel Prep 'The Incredible Hulk' for His TV Comeback

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 15th 2010 11:00AM
Hulk comicsYou better make sure your TV is insured because ABC and Marvel are getting ready to unleash the Hulk. What does the Hulk do best? Well, Hulk smash, obviously.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, ABC is prepping an 'Incredible Hulk' TV series after two film versions never really scored well at the box office.

This isn't the first time Marvel has brought 'The Incredible Hulk' to TV. Bill Bixby starred in the 1970s CBS show and TV movies long before CGI. Mark Ruffalo has been tapped to play the Hulk in Marvel's 'Avengers' film.

News of a new 'Hulk' show not doing it for you, True Believers? What about 'Cloak & Dagger'? That's right, another project at the newly formed Marvel Television features those runaway misfits.

Jeph Loeb, head of Marvel Television, is reportedly meeting with writers for 'Cloak & Dagger' ideas. ABC Family is being eyed as the network. Meanwhile, 'Hulk' is a little further ahead in development. The Hollywood Reporter says a search is on for a showrunner.

'Cloak & Dagger' centers around two teenage runaways who get special powers from drugs. The duo later make it their mission to take down drug dealers.

After Disney acquired Marvel it was only a matter of time before the TV projects started rolling out. Executives pitched ABC several projects including 'Heroes For Hire,' 'Ka-Zar' and 'The Punisher.'

fullyfish

Brilliant blog! I genuinely love how it is easy on my eyes and also the facts are well written. I am wondering how I may be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which ought to do the trick! Have a nice day!

March 17 2011 at 10:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fullyfish

Fantastic article! I truly love how it is easy on my eyes and the info are well written. I am wondering how I can be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which should do the trick! Have a nice day!http://www.gucciretailmart.com

March 17 2011 at 10:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hermeselling

Some of the more recent Hulk stories would make for an interesting weekly series.
Well written and insightful.

October 19 2010 at 9:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2rugrats

I agree! I hate those cheap reality shows! Can't wait to watch this new Hulk with my kiddos! :)

October 17 2010 at 9:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2rugrats

My 3 year old LOVES Hulk! I personally can't wait. So many shows on Nick and Disney for girls I personally am thrilled. HULK SMASH!

October 17 2010 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mark

WE SHOULD HAVE MORE lEAVE IT TO bEAVER SHOWS

October 17 2010 at 7:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
csi8299

Again with the remakes. Doesn't it bother anyone else that no one seems to have had a novel idea in about 10 years? Have we, as a race, reached the end of our creativity?

October 17 2010 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nick

Oh my gawd! The we can't be original and creative anymore syndrome has really hit Hollywood square in the jaw these days. Whatever happened to being creative? Reviving an old idea and bastardizing a classic format with modern day offensiveness. Those classic shows in their original formats can NEVER be "improved" or redone successfully with today's crop of rotten actors, producers, writers, etc. What's next a modern revival of I Love Lucy?!

October 17 2010 at 7:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mel

I loved the Hulk when I was a kid. I guess it would be better than the reality bs that is on almost every channel now... Bring back some family shows...

October 17 2010 at 7:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

With Bll Bixby dead and Lou Ferrigno too old, who will they have to play Dr, David (or Bruce) Banner and The Incredible Hulk?

October 17 2010 at 6:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply