April 19, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Dancing With the Stars' Results : Who Got Voted Off? (VIDEO)

by Sharon Knolle, posted Oct 20th 2010 1:35AM
Was Bristol Palin's gorilla-suited 'Monkee's theme her last dance? The teen activist, who's had a wobbly time of it so far this season on 'Dancing With the Stars,' has constantly been in jeopardy and this week was no different; she and partner Mark Ballas earned the lowest combined score.

In typical reality-show style, we'll save the reveal of who went home until after we tell you who performed: Shakira and Jason Derülo.

The show's comic highlight: Faux ads for how to dance like Bruno Tonioli, another offer that included a free dancer (Derek Hough, limited time only). And, in a return appearance, David Hasselhoff as "The Sledgehammer," a lawyer out to get cash settlements for fellow ousted dancers Margaret Cho and The Situation.

Keep reading to see who went home in week five.

"Shocking!" mouthed Carrie Ann Inaba as it was revealed at the top of the show that low-score getters Kyle Massey and Bristol Palin were both ... safe!

That meant that one of the judges' favorites was going home, either Jennifer Grey, Rick Fox or Florence Henderson. Everyone seemed emotional when the celebrity name called was Henderson, who danced a tango to 'The Brady Bunch' theme song on Monday. Grey, who was in the bottom three before being declared safe, looked near tears.

Henderson was gracious in her exit, praising everything about the show,"even the judges, Brooke, Tom and this darling man, Corky Ballas," she said before hugging her partner.

The beloved TV mom, who had earlier shocked Inaba with how raunchy her rumba got, said it was a thrill to be able to dance on one of her favorite shows. "I've loved this show since it began. I think it's a tremendous show. I hope I've inspired people to get up off their behinds and move and dance and live and enjoy life."

"She has a beautiful aura about her and I couldn't ask for anyone better," Corky said in the farewell clip package. "I feel like a kid again," Henderson said in a pre-taped interview.

Should Florence Henderson have been the one sent home?
Yes, she had a good run.23603 (37.4%)
No, I'm in complete shock!39467 (62.6%)

BETTY KRUM

MAX AND brandy are the winners Palin cant dance and I AM SURE HER MOMMY WILL CALL THE TEA PEOPLE TO LOAD THE VOTE FOR bristol who cant dance she should stay home and take care of her son. MAX AND BRANDY YOU ARE THE WINNERS. AND I WILL NOT WATCH THIS SHOW AGAIN

November 16 2010 at 10:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MARIE

I'm shocked, who voted for Bristol Palin?, she should of been fone a long time ago with her fat self. Have you noticed when she's dancing her partner is counting the steps for her? I wonder what her mother offer to the residents of Alaska to vote for her daughter. Once again, sha is the worst dancer and don't deserve to be there.

November 02 2010 at 9:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kayla,

Alriight so i get why you guys are upset but you are trashing someone. I disagree to your opinions about how she should be voted off. I think she is having fun. And thats what this is really about right? I know im only 14 and may not understand fully but lay off of her. I would LOVE to see any of you people dance like they and be good at it. Everyone dances differently. So just calm down and back off.

October 27 2010 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan

carrie ann needs to tone up her flabby arms which are
interfering with her perspective. Please do your job and critique the dancing not the buns on the football players. Your comments are sexual harassment comments -very inappropriate.

October 27 2010 at 7:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan

where is dick jensen's comment about the judges?

October 27 2010 at 7:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
YOUare..No, YOU are

Bristol has worked hard to be there but true, she is not a star, any more than her mother should be. They are "personalities" who latched on to a trend and make a lot of money. Florence did well but her remarks about Robert Reed were bizarre. First, from what I read after he died, he truly disliked the show and secondly, if you do it in his memory, why not say he died? Not that dying of AIDS is cause for shame, but he seemed a private person even when he was very sick. Hollywood and fans would have been unkind then, so why bring it up now unless you're sure he'd want that? Seemed very self-serving of Florence.

October 21 2010 at 10:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cl

I can't believe just how ignorant of a person 'stupid' actually is. Why can't people stop the name calling?

October 20 2010 at 10:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
katykeney

Bristol, please hang in there. You are an amazing dancer- and I know about dancing! But more importantly, you are an amazing person and an inspiration to young girls everywhere. Please don't let the people who don't like you because of your Mom get to you. You are a star in your own right AND you deserve to win!!!!

Okay, how many times do I have to say this- perhaps we need to get the moderators involved...

AGAIN>>>>>>>

Please- anyone who is putting down Bristol- please got to one of your Anti-Palin websites and do it there.

This is about a DANCING show, and commenting on GREAT dancing. Keep your anti-Bristol comments to yourselves!!!!!! Please!!!!!!

October 20 2010 at 7:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bebe

Why are the judges so tender with ms Bristol? Are they afraid of her mother!!! Why are they so harsh when criticizing the other personalities but treat her with such tenderness. Is the girl mentally fragile? If she is not the next to go, I may erase this show off my list.

October 20 2010 at 6:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Teemack 702

Why is she labeled as an "activist", give that title to someone who deserve it but if you look at what society has given this family as a whole, did you expect anything less. She is as much as a celebrity as she she practice celibacy. The only thing delusional is your thought process, give someone a five minutes of fame and they will do anything to keep it going.

October 20 2010 at 6:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply