'The Whole Truth': 5 Ways to Show Your Support
by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 20th 2010 5:00PM
Happy Wednesday! While many of you are looking forward to new episodes of shows such as 'Modern Family' and 'Top Chef: Just Desserts,' there's a little gem that you may have overlooked: ABC's 'The Whole Truth' (Wed., 10PM ET).
Yes, the soap box is coming out once again. By tuning into 'The Whole Truth' tonight, you may be saving the series. Not to harp, but what have you got to lose? We don't want to have to call Detectives Benson and Stabler to arrest you for not giving the Maura Tierney/Rob Morrow series a try because it's a crime if you miss 'The Whole Truth' tonight.
Already a fan? There are ways for you to show ABC you're behind this fledgling series.
• Watch it. An obvious tip, but tuning in live, via DVR and/or online helps the series. Most networks look at streams from Hulu and official sites when they're dissecting the numbers. Nielsen ratings still matter, but in this digital age there are a lot more means of viewing.
• Fan the official Facebook page of 'The Whole Truth.' It's run by ABC and they'll notice an increase in users. While there, why not drop a comment about why you're digging the series.
• Tweet your heart out. Use the the term #TheWholeTruth when talking about the series, especially when it's airing. Start following the official 'Whole Truth' handle and send the show your love in 140 characters or less.
• Contact ABC. If you're reading this, there's a good chance you own a computer. Forget the scratch paper and pencils, you can submit your letters of support via ABC's site. Remember, be nice.
• Comment here. Not looking to pump up the ego, just show your support for the show in a visible manner. Same goes for using the Facebook "like" function right here on this article.
Got any other ideas? Comment below!