October 1, 2014

'The Whole Truth': 5 Ways to Show Your Support

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 20th 2010 5:00PM
The Whole Truth
Happy Wednesday! While many of you are looking forward to new episodes of shows such as 'Modern Family' and 'Top Chef: Just Desserts,' there's a little gem that you may have overlooked: ABC's 'The Whole Truth' (Wed., 10PM ET).

Yes, the soap box is coming out once again. By tuning into 'The Whole Truth' tonight, you may be saving the series. Not to harp, but what have you got to lose? We don't want to have to call Detectives Benson and Stabler to arrest you for not giving the Maura Tierney/Rob Morrow series a try because it's a crime if you miss 'The Whole Truth' tonight.

Already a fan? There are ways for you to show ABC you're behind this fledgling series.

Watch it. An obvious tip, but tuning in live, via DVR and/or online helps the series. Most networks look at streams from Hulu and official sites when they're dissecting the numbers. Nielsen ratings still matter, but in this digital age there are a lot more means of viewing.

Fan the official Facebook page of 'The Whole Truth.' It's run by ABC and they'll notice an increase in users. While there, why not drop a comment about why you're digging the series.

Tweet your heart out. Use the the term #TheWholeTruth when talking about the series, especially when it's airing. Start following the official 'Whole Truth' handle and send the show your love in 140 characters or less.

Contact ABC. If you're reading this, there's a good chance you own a computer. Forget the scratch paper and pencils, you can submit your letters of support via ABC's site. Remember, be nice.

Comment here. Not looking to pump up the ego, just show your support for the show in a visible manner. Same goes for using the Facebook "like" function right here on this article.

Got any other ideas? Comment below!

Vanessa

It amazes me how much better this show gets with each new episode. I like that the outcome is not so predictable that it goes back and forth between guilty and not guilty every other week. Loving the developing relationship between Tierney and Morrow. In the Pilot Jimmy Brogan seemed like too much of an egotistical jerk to be likable, but now the character seems much more human. I want to see more! ABC would be foolhardy to cancel this one before it has a chance to really shine!!

October 25 2010 at 4:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Vanessa's comment
lfuller

I look forward to this show every week. It is a very nice break from reality tv. The show keeps me interested and is always unpredictable. The acting is good and the different cases each week are creative and new. I hope they keep it on air.

October 27 2010 at 10:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mom24state

Was there an issue last night with it showing up in the listings? I have it set to record all new episodes - i have uverse - but it totally didnt record. I assumed it was off again like last week. Does anyone know or is uverse screwing up?

October 21 2010 at 11:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anorwoods

I just love this show. It is very well written and the ending is the best. Doesn't leave you hanging. Rob & Maura are great together.

October 21 2010 at 9:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
freedom55

We tried this show, but it hasn't got "it" and the constant battle gets old really fast. Its not on our DVR list anymore.

October 21 2010 at 6:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Stucky

I absolutely LOVE the show, the only show that I tune in live. I'll be completely devastated if it's canceled.

October 20 2010 at 9:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frank

I like the show and watch weekly, but it's kind a basic law procedural isn't it?

Fox had "Justice" a few years back, and I'm sure I could think of more than a few others if I think for more than a second.

I'd like to see it stick around, but I'm not particularly vested...

October 20 2010 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Frank's comment
Frank

Hey! And Eamonn Walker's on both shows!

October 20 2010 at 9:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JLK

I concur, Tara. It rocks! I don't "tweet" yet, but I did list the show as my fav on FB & just sent a fan e-mail in support of the show to ABC. Who does that? I guess I do now. Hope it stays on. I really look forward to it. ~:)

October 20 2010 at 6:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tara

Chris - thanks so much, as always, for supporting the show! Who wants to live in a world where people *don't* watch a show with the brilliant Maura Tierney on it?! :-)

October 20 2010 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

After trying 8 new shows (including The Event) I'm down to two. Outsourced and The Whole Truth. Neither is great but worth watching develop.

October 20 2010 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply