April 21, 2014

Conan O'Brien Announces First Week of 'Conan' Guests

by Jean Bentley, posted Oct 21st 2010 1:00PM
'Conan' LogoIn less than two weeks, Conan O'Brien will no longer be legally prohibited from being funny on television.

With just a few more days until the premiere of 'Conan' at 11PM on Mon., Nov. 8, TBS has released the list of guests for the comedian's first week on the network.

The first episode of Coco's new late night talk show will feature Seth Rogen and musical guest Jack White, along with the winner of the first guest poll -- a hotly contested competition between The Pope, Jack Nicholson, Vladimir Putin, REO Speedwagon, The Sultan of Brunei, Justin Bieber, Thomas Pynchon, Gerhard Ertl, Arlene Wagner, Lady Gaga, the cast of the live-action 'Fat Albert' movie and Tom from MySpace to decide the first guest.

After the jump, the guests for the rest of the week.

Tue., Nov. 9 will feature Tom Hanks (fittingly, Hanks was the last guest on the O'Brien-hosted 'Tonight Show'), Jack McBrayer (another Coco pal) and Soundgarden. Wed., Nov. 10 will see Jon Hamm, Charlene Yi and Fistful of Mercy, and Thu., Nov. 11 will feature Michael Cera, Julie Bowen and comedian Jon Dore.

According to TBS's press release, there will also be plenty of "special guests, rare performances and longtime friends of O'Brien."

What do you think of the list of guests? Are you excited for the 'Conan' premiere?

Newton

The man is NOT Funny.. It is Difficult to watch him..His movements are assinnine to say he least. What a was of time!!!!!!

October 27 2010 at 6:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cmellonas

I think Conan has created a new job catagory,comedians paid to go away.This will be another big paycheck to go bye bye,good work if you can get it.

October 23 2010 at 12:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judy

I never did like Conan all that much, he is too silly. But aftre watching Craig Fergerson from time to time, I have to say Conan makes more sense and is more of a host than Craig,(which isn't saying a lot) I think they need to "bar" Craig from his show. He shows nothing but stupidity. So Conan, let this be a sign to you to become a more mature host like Leno and Letterman. I hope you've learned from your mistakes.

October 22 2010 at 11:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

Conan is a self absorbed idiot with a high opinion of himself. Saturday morning cartoons are funnier than he is. He is not funny, and his ratings will continue to head steadily down hill. TBS will realize very soon that they have wasted a bunch of money, and wonder what happened. Conan will have a pocket full of money, and nowhere to go to try to be funny. Then everyone will realize that the Leno decision was strictly business...and it made sense!

October 22 2010 at 10:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ron Berberich

Never liked Conan and will never watch the show. I think most people would rather tune into the news at 11:pm

October 22 2010 at 10:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carl

Given the choice of watching Conan or having a root canal, I'll go with the root canal. But all is not lost; his mother will still watch him.

October 22 2010 at 10:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
harriet cole

He is truly one of the most unfunny people I have ever seen. I will not watch his show ever!!

October 22 2010 at 10:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pat

I could couldn't care less who he has on. He is so disgusting I will not watch him at all.

October 22 2010 at 9:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joettecb

Conan is a childish, self-centered pseudo comedien with a big ego. I will never watch him and I hope his show flops and is cancelled. After Johnny Carson, they are all duds. Colin Ferguson is the only naturally funny man on tv and should have an 11:00 slot

October 22 2010 at 9:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply