July 31, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Bryce Dallas Howard Thinks She Might Be Psychic (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Oct 26th 2010 1:55AM
Bryce Dallas Howard on Being Psychic, 'Stalking' Her HusbandActress Bryce Dallas Howard is appearing in the new film 'Hereafter,' which involves psychic phenomena and after-death experiences. But on the new 'Lopez Tonight' (weeknights, 11PM ET on TBS), Dallas reveals a startling secret: She herself is psychic. (Probably.)

Bryce tells the story of running into her future husband -- actor Seth Gabel -- for the first time. Somehow, she instantly "knew" that he was the man she would marry. Howard's reaction wasn't just mental, it was physical as well. "I literally broke into hives," she said.

Breaking out into a itchy rash isn't a sign of true love for most people, but it was for Bryce. After meeting Seth, she went home and wrote in her journal that she would one day marry him.

While talking to George Lopez, Bryce revealed an important part of being psychic: It requires some effort! For instance, Bryce "stalked" her future husband for eight months. She made herself go to a party that he was attending -- and wore her high school prom dress. (Which is weird, but maybe less weird than breaking out in hives.)

Still, the whole thing worked out. Seth and Bryce are now married and have a three-year-old son. But the secret of being psychic might be perspiration, not inspiration. "Maybe I'm not psychic," Bryce said. "[Maybe I just] made it happen." Right. Good to know. If you have a vision that you will marry someone, you still need to dress up and go to a party in order to talk to them. (The hives and prom dress part might be optional, though.)

bill

What a dingbat

October 26 2010 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bsti

Oowooooooooooooh - Woo Woo

October 26 2010 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
glenn

HOW ABOUT HER BEING A NUTCASE

October 26 2010 at 12:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

She MAY be? She says she MIGHT be? If she doesn't know for sure, how are we supposed to know at all?

October 26 2010 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

Another out-there dingbat chick. Talentless but in need of attention. She needs therapy.

October 26 2010 at 11:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary

"Ever hear of a woman's intuition, or maybe ever have a bad feeling about something for no apparent reason. "...........Intuition is an instantaeous decision based on past history and genetic sensitivities. It is not paranormal, it is perfectly normal and without it, you couldn't survive. As for the number of times you attribute this to survival, how many times have you felt dread and nothing happened, compared to how many times you didn't feel dread and something did happen? Meaning, you are offering hits - every Las Vegas gambler does that when they tell you they won big over the weekend while having a net loss at the end of a year.

October 26 2010 at 11:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bronzemarigolds

Ever hear of a woman's intuition, or maybe ever have a bad feeling about something for no apparent reason. My life has been saved over 20 times just because I had a bad feeling about something. One time some kids my sister knew came to my house wanting to "warm up" from the cold. I had a bad feeling and refused to let them in, even though I had met them a few times before. Found out later that they were planning on beating and robbing me. Another time, I had a bad feeling about my husband going to work. He refused to stay home that day and got into a car accident on his way to work. He barely survived.
Another time, I had a bad feeling about a couple who lived across the street from us. I never let my kids out of my sight. One day they tried to steal my toddler out of her bedroom window, but I had taken precautions.
There is such a thing as being psychic. It comes in many different ways and names. You just have to listen.

October 26 2010 at 11:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Julie

I've never heard of her but if she is a 'Hollywooder', I think psychotic would be a better word than psychic.

October 26 2010 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Julie's comment
Linda

She's Ron Howard's daughter.

October 26 2010 at 11:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
exoticdoc2

Okay, one more nut in the bowl.

October 26 2010 at 10:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chris

No one is psychic. There are no ghosts. Paranormal activity only exists in the minds of the credulous.

October 26 2010 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply