July 29, 2014

'Dancing With the Stars' Results: Who Got Voted Off Oct. 26?

by Sharon Knolle, posted Oct 26th 2010 11:55PM

A surprise elimination rocked the 'Dancing With the Stars' cast Tuesday night.

Voters disagreed with the judges and sent home a high-ranking celebrity, while those at the bottom of the scoreboard were safe for another week.

The judges and audience were stunned when the exiting star was announced, but the celeb took it like a pro and left with a smile.

See who got voted off week six's shocking upset.

On learning that 'The Hills' hottie Audrina Patridge was in the bottom two for the first time, judge Bruno Tonioli said, "I can't believe it, to be honest. Each week, her technique gets better and better and better. I am very, very surprised." But despite his -- and many viewers' -- shock, Patridge and partner Tony Dovolani were sent packing.

The audience let out a disappointed gasp and the judges gave the pair a standing ovation. "How shocked are you to be standing here right now?" asked Brooke Burke. The always cool Patridge simply said, "It's been a fun journey."

When asked by Tom Bergeron about finally showing some emotion last week, she said, "Last week was pretty hard. I feel like I was really pushing it and trying to give more character, but I guess I can't tap into that right now."

The judges had continually pushed her to show more emotion throughout the competition, with Tonioli telling her at one point, "Don't be plastic, be fantastic." Her most praised dance was her waltz, where she captured the top of the scoreboard for the first and last time.

"This is nonsense," said an equally shocked Len Goodman of Patridge and fellow star dancer Jennifer Grey being in jeopardy. Grey, the early front-runner, earned her worst scores of the season on Monday night with her "messy" paso doble, but the 'Dirty Dancing' star was declared safe.

The lowest-scoring celebrities, Bristol Palin and Kurt Warner, were both saved by the fans' votes.

Should Audrina Patridge have been voted off this week?
No, she was one of the best dancers.45780 (70.5%)
Yes, she was more "plastic" than "fantastic."19155 (29.5%)

Claire Damon

I'm sorry, but I feel Jennifer Grey was already a professional dancer before the show started. So therefore it wasn't a fair fight for the winner. Actually, she isn't doing that well after all.

November 03 2010 at 6:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nick

How about voting off this incredibly mindless, rigged, pseudo-reality show!

November 02 2010 at 9:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jean

I don't think the name of the show is appropriate. Most are former actors or athletes, starlets that most people have never seen before, etc. I think it's getting harder to get people that want to commit the time and tremendous effort to being on DWTS. And then possibly make an a$$ of themselves. I have enjoyed in the past. One of things I have always wanted to do is make the couples all do the exact same dance routine one show. The way it is now is comparing apples and oranges. On some nights one couple will do a much more complex routine, while another does something very elegant and much easier. Then how can you compare that? Just maybe all do the identical routine, just one night and see who does the best. Remember Pamela Anderson never had to do the complex jive. Her routines were mostly posing and trying to be the sex kitten. And then old Len would go into a lather and never give her any criticism. Hehe;) Anyone agree?

October 31 2010 at 8:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gladys

!!!!!!RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!
I WILL NOT WATCH THE SHOW EVER. DANCING WITH THE STARS??????? GIVE ME A BREAK, SINCE WHEN BRITOL PALIN IS A S T A R????? SHE IS A LOOSER WHO GOT PREGNANT IN HS. WHAT KIND OF ROLE MODEL IS HER, OR STAR??. AND NOW THE SHOW BOOTED ONE OF THE BEST DANCERS. I AM DONE WITH THE SHOW. END OF IT.

October 31 2010 at 5:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TC MacDonald

It's about the money that they get from the call in votes. Isn't it almost a dollar a call. They won't change the voting because they want the added cash. Every week they tell us how many millions of votes were made which equals to multimillions of dollars in revenue.How long do we have to endure the Cloris leachmans, Macy Gray's or the rapper who wouldn't even try. Don't get me started on Kate plus Eight.

October 30 2010 at 6:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RUTH

Iloved this show from day one, but i don't like the nasty way the judges talk to some of the dancer's. very rude, no wonder some of the dancers get upset and make mistakes. len is the worse with his comments and he is getting worse by the week, also carrie and bruno are too. this is suppose to be a compitation contest not who can be the meanest to the dancer's. score them not ridacule them in a hateful way.

October 29 2010 at 10:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paula

These celebs, or so called celebs for some, get paid each week for appearing on the show right? Well if we didn't know the show was fixed before, we sure do now. Can you say Paaalin! I'm sure ABC is trying to create drama but i honestly can't stand this show anymore.

October 29 2010 at 4:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
\"orange\"

The Hills star was good, but I know why she got voted off instead of Bristol, was because of her mom Sara. To me, thats not fair since Bristol is NOT a celebrity OR a star of some sort. I also know why Florence was voted off because of her AGE, she was a good dancer for a woman of her age. I really want Jennifer Grey to WIN because she has natural talent of being a dancer since she danced with Patrick Swayze. I know if she does win, she's going to dedicate the trophy to him.

October 29 2010 at 3:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ginger

I quit watching when Mario Lopez came in second during the finals. If previous dancing experience is a negative for some, why are those people invited on? Why not have an even slate? Either no experience at all (2 left feet) or some previous experience, and/or born with it. It's not fair to be penalized because of previous experience. Just like my sister who has artistic talent. She was banned from entering her Christmas designs because they were so good. It was thought she had a "leg up". Not so, she was born with it and made the most of it. Incompetence has its rewards. No so for the genuinely talented.

October 28 2010 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cyndi

It is a shame but obviously the fans of Audrina and Tony's did not vote via text/telephone and on-line..
As stated the Judges scores combined with the viewers votes is what keep them on the show! I loved Audrina and Tony and I am so sorry their fans did not vote! She is a sweet, classy lady...It is stressed by Brooke Burke to vote as they all need it! Why is the blame all on the judges? Fans are to blame!

October 28 2010 at 10:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply