October 30, 2014

Is 'Medium' Canceled? CBS Cuts Season 7 Short

by Chris Harnick, posted Oct 27th 2010 10:30AM
MediumIf only Allison had seen this coming: CBS has cut 'Medium's' season 7 episode order to 13 episodes. Is this it for Allison DuBois?

According to Deadline Hollywood, CBS has not canceled the Patricia Arquette series -- yet. Its keeping all options open.

The series about a mom of three who can speak to the dead has done well in syndication on Lifetime and is averaging more than 6 million viewers on Fridays at 8PM.

This isn't the first time 'Medium' has faced danger. The series originated on NBC, but was almost perpetually on the bubble. Its last season on NBC averaged 8.45 million viewers.

When NBC canceled it, CBS scooped it up and paired it with 'Ghost Whisperer' on Fridays. During season 6, 'Medium' aired Fridays at 9PM ET and averaged 7.79 million viewers.

CBS played a similar game with 'Numb3rs,' another Friday drama. The network cut its episode order to 13 before canceling it last May.

Once the 13 episodes of 'Medium' are finished, creator Glenn Gordon Caron will remain at CBS as part of a development deal.

Tell us: Would you be sad to see 'Medium' go?

Special K

Yes I want Medium back!!! I'm ticked!!!

May 22 2011 at 9:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Juliana Terra

I am from Brazil and I am really disappointed that they're cancelling Medium. I am really sad. Brazilians love Medium! It´s a great show!

February 25 2011 at 9:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
128358368@twitter.user

I really liked this show so I figured this would be canceled soon enough. They'll probably find another ex celebrity no one gives a **** about to follow around for 9 months to fill the spot. God forbid they just leave a decent TV show on the air.

January 23 2011 at 1:08 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
mediumfan2011

i love medium really dissapointed that its being cancelled, just like ghost whisperer i was really dissapointed about that. medium will be missed but cbs done no good tv programs they keep canceling everything they air after a while hope someone picks up the show :)

January 22 2011 at 12:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mountainman

As usual,the out of touch "TV Brainiacs" have axed yet another great show.Something that keeps you watching till the show is finish.If it led into the following week,we were right there waiting to see what was going to happen to the DuBois'.It was a series we always recorded on the DVR and never under any circumstances was it deleleted till everyone got to watch it.Well we'll all get to watch some more reruns of something that wasn't that good to begin with or a show thats been beaten to death by overexposesure.Not a wonder why people are turning away from the big 3 and turning to cable stations.Keep up the foolish cuts and even you CBS just might be the next Medium "AXED"

January 20 2011 at 11:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kristie766

i am VERY disappointed that they're cancelling Medium. it is my favorite show and i look forward to it on friday nights and on Lifetime. i agree, i love all the characters and always find the stories very intriguing. VERY disappointed.

January 18 2011 at 12:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
debbieprivette

I really have enjoyed Medium and will miss their family dymanic, especially the girls. I am very disappointed that CBS is canceling this great show!!! I just wish ABC or USA would pick it up!!

January 15 2011 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gia

I think Medium is a great show. Unfortunately it is reality TV that is taking over NO THANK YOU!!! They are cancelling all good shows.

January 05 2011 at 9:50 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Sylvia

Does any think that CBS cares what we think they took off Jericho and only brought it back for one season when everyone complained they need to cancel all of the CSI shows especially vegas and miami, they have truly run their course along with survivor the amazing race etc. Ghoast whisperer got really bad the last couple of seasons. Bringing back her husband as another character after killing him off Then they mess with the cast of criminal minds and take off the best female member of the cast. They just put on another reality series live to dance. Those of us who enjoy a good drama or mystery do not count. Not to mention all of the comedy shows. We can all complain but in the end CBS does not care and will do as they want!!!

January 05 2011 at 8:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doreen

I have been a fan from day one...when it was on NBC. I was so excited to see that CBS picked it up, and now I am sad again :( Please don't cancell

December 26 2010 at 7:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply