July 31, 2014

20 Reasonably Funny Signs from the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear

by Nick Zaino, posted Oct 30th 2010 12:40PM
The National Mall started to fill up around nine o'clock for the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear today, and the signs were plentiful. Everyone has their own angle, getting creative with the satirical vibe of the event. People carried signs featuring many different types of calls for reasonableness: advocates for everything from marijuana to masturbation, and a plea for President Obama to do something about 'Twilight.' Here are twenty of the best we saw.

Check out the rest of TV Squad's Rally to Restore Sanity Coverage:

Keeping Things Moderately Reasonable on the Ground at the Rally to Restore Sanity (VIDEO)

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert Reflect on Rally: We Did It! Now What?

The Best Moments From the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear (VIDEO)

Who Attended the Rally to Restore Sanity?

wergtlnbrgrs

Jon Stewart was used by Mr. Obama and proof is in the pudding..check Mr. Obama's website and read for your self..Stewart and Colbert were nothing but mouth pieces for the man himself.I Love the interviews afterwards with all the self proclaimed Commis.. Truth is Truth in this post woodstock showing, then we went to Cass Stevens.. Yusuf hes muslim that hates Americans..
Jon your a traitor and didn't even know it...he said if ordered by a muslim state he would carry out the execution.. sad Jon sad...and your lemming followers..

November 02 2010 at 2:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

I never laughed so hard as I did when I read these signs. The reich-wing has signs and the libs have theirs. All you have to do is compare them to know the difference in the people. It speaks volumes.

November 01 2010 at 9:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bob keiningham

I think I get it. "Sanity" means you agree with me, "fear" means you should be afrad if you don't agree with me. Yeah, sure. Idiots love to get together and call other folks idiots.

November 01 2010 at 7:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to bob keiningham's comment
Weezie

Bob - are YOU calling other people idiots...

November 01 2010 at 8:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

Rally to Restore Sanity: Was racist, There were no blacks.

November 01 2010 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy

This is what we've sunk to as a Nation - an absolute no talent, insignificant person like Jon Stewart and the other guy is so insignificant, I refuse to even name him, hold a joke of a rally in Washington D.C. and Obama encourages people to participate in it, while mocking others who hold rallies in Washington and calls certain members of our society enemies! Obama has to go because let's face it, even the black President on 24 was more Presidential than this idiot.

November 01 2010 at 7:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Nancy's comment
Blurgle

@Nancy: If we've sunk to anything as a nation, it's where people take a rally like Jon Stewart's seriously, and get offended by said rally. What's criminal is that people CAN'T laugh. There's always been comedians poking fun at politics. I do wonder how you'd react (or if you were around then did react) to Pat Paulsen for instance. We need more of a sense of humor and a LOT less political zealotry and political bashing in this country, period. Knee jerk partisan political bashing is what is ruining this nation, not jokes and satire.

November 01 2010 at 7:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blurgle

LOL...communist websites. Just to ask, do you even know the definition of "communist"? :P Anyway, your post is just the sort of comedy relief we need on the blogs, thank you.

November 01 2010 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Blurgle

All I'll say is this. It's a publicity stunt done for comedic purposes. If you're honestly offended by this, or read into this any other agenda or ulterior motive, then you're adding thigs that just don't exist. Just trust me on this. And no, I'm not a "liberal", nor am I a "conservative". You can try to label me, but it won't be accurate. You see I think for myself instead. :P

November 01 2010 at 6:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
moveover

Just be a comedian and you will get away with anything. Ask chelsea handler, jon stewart, etc. Someone should have told Rick Sanchez and Juan Williams to use the excuse that they were jesters.

November 01 2010 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob

Jon Stewart, AKA Schlmo leibovitz is a stooge for Hollywood gay stooges for Obama!

November 01 2010 at 3:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mrs. Laura Merriott

Only IGNORANT liberals like Jon Stewart et.al would want to continue to endorse Obamnomics--we are throwing away $800 Billion on interest alone with Mr. Obama's 2011 budget---who want to give China that money instead of keeping OUR money-DUMB!- Anyone who supports this president endorses condom-ed,(go ahead and engage in sex--your just like a dog with no self-control) killing unborn babies-(go to www.abortionno.org IF YOU HAVE THE COURAGE), and endorsing throwing away BILLIONS of failed policies which are NOT creating jobs--TALK ABOUT LOSERS!

November 01 2010 at 3:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply