July 29, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Zach Galifianakis Denies Involvement in Mel Gibson Firing from 'Hangover 2' (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Nov 1st 2010 3:00PM
During an interview on 'Today' (weekdays, 7AM ET on NBC), Zach Galifianakis addresses rumors that complaints he made about Mel Gibson caused the actor's firing from 'The Hangover 2.'

"I do not consult on the movies that I'm in. I just show up and I say my lines," Galifianakis said. "As far as hiring and firing of actors, I have no ... insight into that world whatsoever."

And did we mention that Galifianakis really, really has to go to the bathroom during the interview? Matt Lauer even tortures him with the image of a babbling brook, and Al Roker mentions a waterfall. Once the interview is over, Galifianakis says quick goodbyes, then literally runs off to find relief.

Robert

What a douchebag satch sukakokanis truly is. Who is he? Where did he come from? Is he suppossed to be funny? I speak for all of us when I say........I don't EVER want to see or hear about this ugly turd EVER again. We can All agree on that.

November 03 2010 at 8:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

Wow. All of you hating on Zach need to chill out. Who knows what really happened to get Mel Gibson fired. But if it was Zach can you really blame him? He and the other Hangover actors are just recently getting their "moment" for a lot of years of hard work. So why would they want Mel, who is on his way out the door, hogging their limelight in his PR rehabilitation effort. Mel screwed himself. Zach didn't do it for him.

November 02 2010 at 4:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stan

Didn't get to finish my thought completely, but what I'm saying is Zach has not earned the position to say who/who isn't supposed to be in a movie unless he's the bankroll behind it...which coincidentally, Mel has already done!

November 02 2010 at 2:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joanfeuer

Geez Louise. When did we all start worshipping or demonizing actors like they were gods. Mel and Zach haven't discovered the cure for cancer - they make movies and entertain us, that's all. In my world, if they both disappeared the sun would come up in the morning just the same.

November 02 2010 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to joanfeuer's comment
stan

Joan, although I TOTALLY AGREE with your comment about the adoration and adulation that we give regular people just because they're actors, I do agree with the majority of posters that Zach was TOTALLY WRONG for railing against Mel. There should be a level of respect for those who have come before you and have done it so well. Granted, Mel has his problems and as a member of the minority, I too was disturbed by his rants. But it still doesn't deny the fact that he's a great actor/director and deserves to be considered for a movie without some "wet behind the ears" comedian who doesn't seem to have much range. AND I LOVED HANGOVER, by the way...so there you go. Mel the human being does have his issues as we all do, but Mel the actor/director is and will always be two thumbs up!

November 02 2010 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barbara Ross

that Sherri Shepard - tacky, tacky, tacky!

November 02 2010 at 12:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steph

Zach Who? While I agree that Mel has some serious issues that he needs to work on, Zach went way over the line in making the comments that got Mel fired from Hangover 2, the ones that he now denies, and it's going to come back and bite him in the rear.

November 02 2010 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
linda

I agree with you WILL. Mel has given us such great movies. who does zach think he is .ZACH here today,Gone tomorrow.

November 02 2010 at 11:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WILL

Who the fk does this fat dope smoking twinkie eating slob thinks he is , Mel has been around way longer than him and will still be here when this fool is long forgotten

November 02 2010 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
linda

I am so glad that there are people out there that are seeing right thru that liar Zach. I read the story about Zach being one of the biggest voice against having Mel in that movie. I will not go and see it.

November 02 2010 at 11:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WANDA

I don't understand your comments.are you for real? I was never a Mel Gibson fan, until now. when those phoney actors and talking heads are acting like they would never have anything to do with him because he was mad at someone. give me a break,they love him for giving them something to try and get the attention of some people who have no life.if not for idiots they would be off the air.

November 02 2010 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply