July 31, 2014

'Dancing with the Stars' Results: Who Went Home in Week 7? (VIDEO)

by Sharon Knolle, posted Nov 3rd 2010 12:39AM

America voted and the results are in: Some of those senate races may take a day or two to settle, but it's all over for one 'Dancing With the Stars' celeb, who was sent home despite earning their best scores yet this week.

To celebrate the show's hitting the 200th episode milestone, several awards were handed out, including Most Dramatic Moment (to fainting Marie Osmond), and Best Worst Dancer (Kenny Mayne, who beat out other "two left feet" nominees Master P, Kate Gosselin Steve Wozniak, and Billy Ray Cyrus).

Which well-liked star is hanging up their dancing shoes? We'll tell you, after the cut.This week, Rick Fox earned his best scores yet -- even a 10 from former champ Helio Castroneves, whose 'Hey Pachuco' dance he was recreating -- but it wasn't enough to save him and partner Cheryl Burke.

Kyle Massey, who was the other star in jeopardy, looked surprised and his partner, Lacey Schwimmer, looked absolutely shocked to hear Fox's name.

Fox told Brooke Burke he didn't see the elimination coming either. "I didn't have any idea." He started to get choked up as he mentioned what the show has meant to him: "It's been a transformational journey for me. It's been amazing. My relationship has transformed with my daughter and my girlfriend." His girlfriend, who's been a regular in the audience, is 'Dollhouse' star Eliza Dushku.

Tom Bergeron told Fox, "You brought a smooth, suave personality to the dance floor. We're going to miss it, my friend."

Fox thanked Burke for working with the "Jolly Green Giant," and she praised him for "turning into a graceful dancer. Despite our height difference, he made it look good."

Taylor Swift and Rod Stewart both performed as did the cast of the Broadway musical 'Mary Poppins.'

Should Rick Fox have been voted off this week?
No, he just had his best dance ever!49764 (78.4%)
Yes, it was his time to go.13740 (21.6%)

Henry Samuels

Politics, politics,Keeping the name of Palin constantly on the air is like a product that is being promoted.If the results of the competition depends on the public why do they have judges who give their expert opinion and scores. Having seen the last results of Bristol Palin being selected for the finals this has cooked my goose and no way will I ever see this show again.

November 17 2010 at 7:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CelebObsessed

Do you y'all really think this is somethign worth fighting over? I was so annoyed when I saw this! http://bit.ly/a28DQR

November 10 2010 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adriana Doctolero

she totally should have been gone a long time ago. Whether it is her mother's fans or her fans, she can't dance like the others. I was veru disappointed to see Kurt go as she should have been the one. People get real and start voting based on the dance, not dancer. Give me a break and pay attention!

November 10 2010 at 12:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

Just give it to Jennifer and we can go on with our lives.

November 10 2010 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
youhavemail

I agree very much that Bristol is not the dancer that
Rick Fox, and the Gentleman from last night are. I also
suspect that she does have a bigger than usual Fan base
calling in week after week. It's so unfair to the other Dancers, it really is upsetting to people who want to see fair competition.

I am NOT, never have been and Never will be a Sarah
Palin Fan. I had a feeling this might happen.

November 10 2010 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ruth Ann

rick fox should not have been voted off...
he was by far the most improved dancer,especially
never dancing before....im disappointed.

November 10 2010 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sylvia

DWTS has definetly gone political!!!

November 10 2010 at 11:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Annette

As I am reading all the NEGATIVE comments on attacks on Bristol Palin, I am thinking; What is wrong with people, when did we get so nasty towards people and why is it people are so quick to attack...
Yes Bristol may not be the best dancer, but give her a break. Just because you do not agree with her mother's politics, do you have to attack Briston with such disdain!!! What has happened to civility..Oh, and BTW, I WAS a life long democrat, turned Independent and this is one of the reasons...I can't stand the liberals personal attacks on anyone they don't agree with politically...DWTS is NOT a political show, so chill out....In most cases the BEST dancing couple DOES WIN!!!

November 10 2010 at 9:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat O\'Connor

I am so disappointed in the outcome so far. How can you put Brandy/Maks in the bottom two? The "teen activist" Bristol should never have been safe and should have gone home weeks ago. The judges also have been treating Bristol with "kid" gloves. Mama Grizzly must have all her tea party & republicsns voting.

November 10 2010 at 8:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Garden bridges

Don't you people get it? Dancing is just like Am Idol and other talent/home-audience participating shows.
One of the reasons they're so successful is because people at home get to help decide on their favorites.
Folks tune in each week to see if the person they voted on did well. They could change the show so that just the judges voted, but people would soon lose interest and the ratings would drop and then the show would be gone. Just remember: It's always about the money. The higher the ratings, the more each advertiser will pay for a spot in the show. If the ratings go down, so does the show eventuall

www.redwoodgardenbridges.com