December 19, 2014

Is 'Life Unexpected' Canceled? CW Passes on More Season 2

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 3rd 2010 10:40AM
Life UnexpectedWell, this could be the end of the line, 'LUX' fans. The CW has passed on the back nine episodes of 'Life Unexpected,' making season 2 a 13-episode season.

Whether it'll be a season or series finale in January remains to be seen. According to Zap2It, The CW will make the official decision in May, but it's not looking good. When The CW handed out full season orders to other fledgling shows such as 'Nikita,' 'One Tree Hill' and 'Hellcats,' leaving 'Life Unexpected' in limbo, it wasn't a good sign.

'Life Unexpected' executive producer Liz Tigelaar confirmed the news on Facebook. "Hey peeps. It's true, it's real, no back nine," she wrote. "But stranger things have happened when people are invested. So keep watching. We still have half a GREAT season to show you and who knows!!!" [sic]

Fans hoping for a satisfying finale may not get their wish. 'Tigelaar told Zap2It that while season 1 had a set arc, season 2 is much more open.

"If we don't get picked up, I don't anticipate being able to wrap up these stories quickly," she told Zap2It. "I'll hopefully be able to do a satisfying last episode, but it's not going to be where everything wraps up like a series finale. There's no two endings for Episode 13 in case [we don't get picked up]. We barely have time to shoot one ending!"

'Life Unexpected''s series premiere drew in 2.83 million viewers in Jan. 2010, but its second season premiere in September only managed to bring in 1.65 million viewers. The numbers continued to slump through season 2, averaging around 1.5 million viewers per episode, though not for lack of trying on the part of the cast and crew. Team 'LUX' has been doing everything in its power to drum up more viewers, holding Twitter chats the night of the episode, constantly doing interviews and even making viral videos every once in a while.

aahlexisx3

PLEASEE leave this show on AIR! I am only 17, i barely watch television but i break my neck to watch this show each week. The season 2 finale had me in tears not only because the story was great but because i knew there would be nothing more after that. Please just dont cancel the show.

January 26 2011 at 11:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vaultdeedee

another show i like canceled maybe ill start listening to the radio and forget about tv altogether

January 24 2011 at 7:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carleen

I have a love hate relationship with this show. I love watching it period. And I love to hate lux. All her lies, and how she is always covein her butt at everyone elses expense. Please Please Please continue the show so I can continue this love affair.

January 19 2011 at 6:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AJ's Momma

well watching, what appears to have been a SERIES finale, and not a SEASON finale. I was in tears. I got SO sucked into this show, couldnt wait week to week to see the next episode. I am SO tired of this happening. Bring out new shows, and i hesitate to start them, thinking "will this one last", i watch season one and surprisingly I get a season two. SO i'm thrilled, only to be disappointed in the end when I find out the show has been cancelled. This just happened to me Last year with Heroes. Now this....Really a bummer, for sure. Please, can you reconsider. there IS a way you can continue past her college years, isnt there? or do a "flash back" and catch us up on the crap you skipped in the two years between Kate finding out Ryan had a child with his ex til Lux's graduation. UGH, HOW disappointing....

January 19 2011 at 1:49 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Loving Amber

I like the show. They could made the end better and could make a three season. But it's over now cuz what can they make the show about now since they r in college now. They F.... Up on this last season :( pretty sad that they r canceling the show. Well at lest I still have One Tree Hill :)

January 19 2011 at 1:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lizsheri

Please DO NOT cancel this show!!! I love this show, it's real and the cast is great. You need to keep this show going, it didn't get what it deserved and that's a long enough run.

January 19 2011 at 1:48 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
funallday94

this was the best show ever i loved season 1 and 2.To me all epidsodes i saw were sooo good all the story lines in the show was great.I really hope this show continue,it deserves more views.But i didnt like how it went to 2 years,but i still got love for the show.I really hope they dont cancel this show,this show is good and people can relate to this.I love all of the characters they all did well, i almost cried on the season finale because of all of the tears and emotion that was put in.It felt real,i hope nextt season is good

January 18 2011 at 10:53 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Lorna

This is our favorite show. We watch it every week. They are people who make mistakes and come back
together to fix them. Adding Kelly was a bad move, but it is the way life goes. Flash forward 2 years and
all is over was pretty lousy. Their is NOTHING on CW we watch. Reba was a great show and they tossed
it in the trash too. Vampires and evil garbage is what you try to feed our kids. Disgusting. Close your
whole place down now.

January 18 2011 at 10:16 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Mygoodness

I LOVE this show! The first season was the best, I am not liking the storyline of Lux and the teacher, it's NOT cool. I also dislike how they make her seem grown up just because she's had to endure a lot, she's still a child and should act like one! I hope they decide to pick the show up for a third season, it's definitely worth it!

January 07 2011 at 12:08 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Jill

This is one of only TWO shows I watch on my computer (cancelled my TV because of all the crap on). I am not your usual 20 something age group, which is hte CW audience, in my opinion. In fact, I am in my mid 40's. I agree that the show has gotten a little bit away from where it started last year, but in some ways good and in some ways bad. Cate is getting to the point that she is whiny and yells too much, but I feel like the story line was just getting away from her having to be that way in every episode... Lux's character being 16 and involved with teacher, is unrealistic (I hope), but with that said, there is alot of good stuff and moral lessons for us all that most of us who have lived a few years can relate to. There is so little out there that is of any substance. I do hope this show stays on the air. It makes me "feel" every time I watch it.

December 26 2010 at 6:39 PM Report abuse +2 rate up rate down Reply