October 25, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Supernanny': An Angry Teen Fights With Her Mom and Little Sister (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Nov 8th 2010 12:01AM
'Supernanny': An Angry Teen Fights With Her Mom and Little SisterThis may be the final season of 'Supernanny' (Fri., 8PM ET on ABC). Nanny Jo Frost is quitting the series to devote more time to her personal life. Jo currently films and travels 46 weeks out of the year. She hopes that time off will give her a chance to date, and maybe even start a family of her own. But the new episode might make her reconsider the whole "starting a family" thing.

Jo visits the Atkinson family in Illinois, where mom Jennifer is having trouble with teen daughter Amanda. A lot of trouble. Amanda openly insults her mother -- to the point of saying she wishes her mom was dead. Jennifer puts up with it, for the sake of making peace. But this may not be the right decision.

First, Amanda fights with her mom, who is just trying to make her teen a dish of pasta for lunch. "With garlic salt?" Jennifer asks. "With sauce," her daughter growls. Despite Jennifer's best efforts to be polite, her daughter tells her to "give [the pasta] to me and go away!"

Amanda crosses the line when she quarrels with 4-year-old sister Reese. The little girl makes the mistake of taking "Amanda's" seat at the table, leading to an angry response from the teenager. "She's four and you're fourteen!" Amanda's father John says. Then, Amanda belches in her dad's face. That's pretty rude. Will the Supernanny be able to fix the situation?

Sarah

Angry teens need to be addressed in the following manner:

1. Get to the root cause
2. Help them vent their anger in a constructive manner so it doesn't fester and build
3. In a loving way show them that they are on their own so that instead of being rude towards you as a parent, they see you as help and support towards becoming independent. If they truly saw that they were on their own, they might not treat you so bad. http://teensupport.com

December 28 2010 at 2:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jen supernanny mom

I appreciate everyone commenting on our season 6 premiere episode. I am, in fact, the "whimpy mom" as some of you have coined me, from season premiere episode 6. Let me say that what you saw on our episode was not all that was captured on film at our home. There is more to our story. Amanda was angry and had been since 2005 when I was diagnosed with cancer. Our family has been through a lot. We worked through this with Jo on camera, but the producers decided it was too emotional and personal to share on television...Amanda is not a monster, she is a young girl who went through something gut wrenching and couldn't cope with it. I had a very hard time coming down on her since she was acting out out of fear and anxiety due to the fact that she was afraid
that she might lose her mom. She is not a horrible moster and I am not a stupid fool, believe me. Under ordinary circimstances all of you would be right, however our circumstances were by no means ordinary, and you are far from right. Things are better now. Thank you for watching our episode. Jo Frost really did help Amanda and Abbey through their anxiety and fear and things are 100% better. No one is knocked up or on their way to boot camp as of yet as some of you have predicted...Again, thanks for tuning in. Much love! Jen.(Supernanny season 6 mom)

December 19 2010 at 6:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ecl

Am I the only one that thinks the mother should have dumped the pasta down the sink?! I have 2 girls, 20 and 16 and believe me I have/had gone through the same thing. They argue about everything and also hate it when I ask questions about their life. They don't answer me, they lose privileges. I am their parent- my job is to know what is going on in their life. they don't like it, too bad!!

November 09 2010 at 9:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bernice

OH HELL HELL NO!!!! Either that little bitch is on drugs or she's just a plain bitch who has been allowed to get away with this behavior for so long she has no respect for the parents. Man if that were my kid she would be in some type of boot camp facility faster than you can say peter piper. Would prefer to beat her ass, but not going to jail over such a piece of chite.

November 09 2010 at 6:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lk

the mom should have dumped the food in the trash when told just give me the food. that might have given the bratty teen a hint that her behavior was unacceptable and that see needed to thank someone who does something for you.

November 09 2010 at 4:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lita

When she went to school, her room should have been emptied except for the bed. All the other items (except a limited amount of clothes) should have been placed in storage (where they could have been earned back with good behavior) or given to a charity. And the phone should have been shut off. (She should be allowed to keep anything she actually purchased or was given as a birthday or Christmas gift.) See, all those other things were bought by her parents for her use; however she violated their unwritten contract when she started acting like a tyrant instead of their daughter. She would earn those items back for her use if she pulled her head out. Otherwise, she could stay sullen and mean-spirited until her eighteenth birthday, at which point the locks would be changed and, since she is so damned smart, she could be out on her own and running her own life--no dropping in without calling, and visits on holidays and special occasions would have to be prearranged.

November 08 2010 at 9:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lynden

What a rotten wack job. I would throw that disrespectful girl out of the house.

November 08 2010 at 6:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lynden's comment
kim

You don't throw a minor out of the house unless they are being dangerous, and if you can't defend yourself against your own kid, you call the police (or Maury for a little boot camp.) Yeah, she's a little bitch, but the mom is a (w)ussy for allowing it to go on. Instead of kicking her out, she needs to kick her ass. Tough love goes a long way.

November 09 2010 at 7:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol Leigh

It's a good thing she isn't my child .The first thing I would do is take her cell phone and her computer for at least a month .That's what gets teenagers attention the most .. And I wouldn't give in after a couple of days like a lot of parents do . My kids know when I say something I mean exactly what I say . And I don't give in .

November 08 2010 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard Ott

Jo, reconsider leaving Supernanny? I'll bet you
anything that in her mind, she's probably thinking,
"I'm glad to be getting away from those noisy brats,
forever. If I never hear another kid screaming again,
it will be bloody well too soon!" Just because she
dealt with many years of that, that doesn't mean
she has to start a family. I agree. However, if
ABC wants to by some miracle string of luck, replace
Jo with another Supernanny, that can only lead to
more fights like that with mothers and teens, so I
hope ABC says good-bye to Supernanny in that case.

November 08 2010 at 4:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
oreadno1

The little bitca wants to be left alone? Fine. Drive her butt over to cop shop, have her declared incorrigible and dangerous and leave alone there! After she get the crap beat out of her a couple of times for her attitude, she'll be begging to come home.

November 08 2010 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply