October 23, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'The View' Debates Men Who Use Coupons on Dates: Thrifty or Cheap? (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Nov 10th 2010 3:45PM
The ladies of 'The View' (weekdays, syndicated) debate the topic of men who use coupons on dates. Sherri Shepherd won't hear of it, but Elisabeth Hasselbeck argues this is the sign of a man who can manage his money well.

"For me, you take me out on a first date and you've got a coupon? It says, to me, you're not worth the extra splurge," Shepherd said.

"I married a coupon guy," Hasselbeck said. "In the long term, he is so on top of things. He's very aware of what things cost and what it means to our situation, and I thank him for that."

"After you're married, it's okay to do that," said Joy Behar. "But, when you're on a date, it's obnoxious."

Gregory Schwartz

Now a date with Joyless Behar ...THAT would be obnoxious. This old, tired broad has turned up the level, obviously!!! She has her own show, plus the view, and she has reached the "oversaturization" point. Enough of her. She is so negative and self-centered. This just goes to show you how desperate America is for "entertainment". I tried to watch "The View" and could't take four people talking over each other for a full hour. Talk about obnoxious, confusion and noise!

November 14 2010 at 1:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandra Deffner

It used to be everyone used coupons .. now a days I get dirty looks for using them by 99% of people .. when my daughter was in diapers I always used a coupon sometimes id save 2 bucks on one pack i had this one older cashier tell me how glad she was to see someone my age ( I was 35 )at the time using coupons .... if peopel were smart they would use them too

November 13 2010 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda

Tightwads, cheap, selfcentered.. I wouldn't go out with them. Are all you guys that wonderful and good looking that you can squeek by with coupons. Give me a break. Too many freeloaders around.

November 13 2010 at 6:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Phil

I bet that one overweight 'Afro American' (wait, that makes me a 'Euro American' since I not a Navaho, Seminole, native American) co-host on the 'Veiw' wouldn't say a thing if I had a coupon for a free meal. I don't think it would stay in my hands that long and hopefully my hand would not be digested!!

November 13 2010 at 5:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carole

I can see a lot of you men have little respect for women when you refer to them as "broads." Perhaps you're associating with the wrong type of women. Most of the women I know earn as much or more than a lot of men. These women offer to split the tab or will return the favor with a home-cooked meal. However, I'd rather go to a cheap restaurant, than feel sorry for a man who has to whip out coupons to pay for our meal. Not talking gift cards - talking coupons, here.

November 13 2010 at 5:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dan

If Joy or Sherry were paying on the date, they would use the coupon. I think it is odd that they think it is okay for them to save money but not when they are being treated to a meal.

November 13 2010 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hjhain

Never heard Whoopie once say a full sentence withhout pausing,mispronouncing or total screwing it up, She needs to go back to school and learn English, She just laughs it off...another "comedian"

November 13 2010 at 4:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hjhain

Joy Beher is a self loathing bitch who hides behind the label "comedian" to spew her hate! Her coupon expired 50 years ago.

November 13 2010 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jay love

exactly why I see more and more American men dating and marrying Asian women? they are tired of getting stuck with boring old snotty schrews that are available here in the states? most American women these days are only out for what they can get from a man anyway and how much they can manipulate the situation before going for a divorce in the end to get whats left? just an observance based on what I have seen.

November 13 2010 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bill

The only way I would date any of the View members, except Elizabeth, is if I had a coupon, and it would have to be a high value .

November 13 2010 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply