November 26, 2014

The Show Girl Catches Up With Jorge Garcia, 'Storm Chasers' & Tracy Morgan (VIDEO)

by Maggie Furlong, posted Nov 12th 2010 10:50PM

'Lost' alum Jorge GarciaIt's no secret: I miss 'Lost.' A lot. So when I heard star Jorge Garcia would be visiting 'How I Met Your Mother,' I knew I had to get my fix. I hit the set to find out what he's up to with the 'HIMYM' gang, what his character has in common with Hurley and the question he's asked most often since 'Lost' ended.

I also catch up with the TVN Team from 'Storm Chasers' to get up close and personal with The Dominator, their indestructible beast of a car. That thing has some insane added features! If you're a fan, sound off in the comments for a chance to win Reed Timmer's new book 'Into the Storm.'

Then I chat with Tracy Morgan about his HBO stand-up special 'Tracy Morgan: Black and Blue.' His hilarious, subject-hopping, bleep-filled tirades taught me one thing: don't ever ask him if he's just like his '30 Rock' character Tracy Jordan.

Got questions? E-mail me TV questions at TheTVShowGirl@aol.com and I'll try to get you answers on the show. -- By Maggie Furlong

Kristy

Love Storm Chasers! I'm in a tornado state and love watching how close they get to the action; I would love to read Reed's book.

November 17 2010 at 9:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy D

I love Storm Chasers because I am a skywarn trained amateur radio operator. I love that someone is able to get into the tornados, film and take data for the better.
73's
KC0TDW

November 17 2010 at 9:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeff reinke

BOOOOOHHHHHHHHMMMMMMM!!!!!! STORM CHASERS HEYYYYYYOOOOOOOO

November 17 2010 at 7:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen @ Disney

I'd love to re-gift this book to my mom. She lives in Oklahoma and is a big fan of the show. (Reed is her hero.) When she was a little girl, a tornado destroyed their rural home and she's never stopped watching the storms roll through. The chasers are part science part daredevil and it's "must-see" TV in tornado alley.

November 17 2010 at 7:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim G.

Storm Chasers Rocks!! It is awesome that you got to catch up with them.

November 17 2010 at 6:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
colejran41

I love Storm Chasers to see how weather works! Plus Reed and Joel and Chris work well together and the downtime is lots of fun to watch!

November 17 2010 at 5:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon

I've been storm chasing before, and have had the chance to meet Reed and talk tornado's with him, and I must say, it's his passion that really makes me love storms even more. How enthusiastic he is, and also how smart he is when it comes to weather, is just simply incredible! I have the utmost respect for what Reed, Joel and Chris do every year, not just because of the danger, but because even though they are having fun, they are taking data and trying to help save people's lives.

November 17 2010 at 4:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris Nnc

The storm chasers drive into the storm when all common sense says drive away and always get there first. Reed easily freaks out and Joel is the voice of reason in an unreasonable endeavor. Chris is the techy that gets all the good data and the good shots and I really laugh when he is out gathering hail stones wearing a football helmet. The Dominator delivers them to the teeth of storm then hunkers down and takes the worst mother nature can throw at them. I wonder what kind of mileage it gets.

November 17 2010 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AmyR

I have loved watching Storm Chasers ever since my youngest was 3 years old. She would beg me to watch it with her and it became a tradition!

November 17 2010 at 4:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply