December 20, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Cynthia Doesn't Like Peter's Proposal on Atlanta 'Housewives' (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Nov 15th 2010 8:30AM
Cynthia Gets Engaged on 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'On 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta' (Sun., 10PM ET on BRVO), Cynthia returns home to find several friends in her living room, all ready to toast a special event. What's the occasion? Surprise! Her boyfriend Peter gets down on one knee. "I gotta go put lashes on -- it can't happen like this!" says Cynthia.

After a somewhat awkward proposal, Peter places a massive engagement ring on the wrong hand. Cynthia seems more shocked than elated.

NeNe says, "It was strange -- can we get some emotion going? ... I was just expecting more." It wasn't what Cynthia expected either, saying she'd always thought his proposal would be a more private moment.

Plus, she hates surprises, as Peter well knows. "I did it my way -- even though she hated it," he explains. "I did it the way I wanted to do it." Good thing she loves the ring.

Lee

She didn`t looked surprised,i don`t think they
are going to jump the broom any time soon.
plus he put the ring on the wrong finger, she should
have been happy a lot of women don`t get marriage
proposals everyday.

November 15 2010 at 6:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeanaz

He did it his way???? You'd better run girl - don't marry this control freak or you'll surely live to regret it.

November 15 2010 at 6:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sunni

I'd rather watch paint dry, those 2 are so BORING, and Cynthis looks like a dude!

November 15 2010 at 6:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JADE MARKOWITZ

CYNTHIA ! RUN FOR THE HILLS MARRIAGE IS NOTHING BUT A CAGE AND A CRUMBY COMPROMISE !
DONT DO IT CYNTHIA YOU ARE A GORGEOUS RICH SMART LADY AND YOU KNOW THAT MARRIAGE IS ALL WRONG FOR YOU !
MARRIAGE IS FOR BREEDERS AND LOSERS WHO NEED A CRUTCH AND ARE AFRAID OF LIFE - YOU JERKS OUT IN AOL LAND MIGHT SAY YOU NEED COMPANY YOU DONT WANT TO BE ALONE .. NO YOU DONT! FORGET IT FIND STRENGTH IN YOU . NOBODY IS GONNA MAKE YOU HAPPY , IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY YOU NEED TO LOOK WITHIN YOURSELF NOT LOOK TO SOME LITTLE MAN TO COMPLETE YOU.
YOU ONLY NEED MONEY AND GOD AND FORGET THE REST MEN ARE ALL EXCESS BAGGAGE !! RUN CYNTHIA RUN DONT BE ANYBODYS TOADY!!

November 15 2010 at 4:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

Oh yeah, this is going to work. I don't think Cynthia knows what in hell she wants. Also, is Sheree the biggest phony on TV or what? I nearly fell off the chair at some of the "I'm the greatest" stuff coming out of her mouth. First she's a designer, who has to HIRE a designer to design a clothes line. Now she's an "actress?" What fraud.

November 15 2010 at 3:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
phffffft

Geez... I'd be pissed too! To have an intimate moment like a marriage proposal broadcast on a reality TV Show... But then again, I would never need that much attention as to live my private life on TV in the first place...lol...
These shows are like a train wreck... and you know how those are... :o)
Good Luck to them both!

November 15 2010 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Vincent

Peter, I can see in her face, feel it in the air!! She's not into you enough to marry you. I hope that ring was zarconian.She's not gonna marry you!!

November 15 2010 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply