September 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Sarah Palin's Alaska': "Mama Grizzly" Palin Watches a Wild Bear Fight (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Nov 15th 2010 3:45AM
'Sarah Palin's Alaska': 'Mama Grizzly' Palin Watches a Wild Bear Fight'Sarah Palin's Alaska' (Sun., 9PM ET on TLC) takes us to the northernmost state. On the premiere, Sarah dishes out some wisdom about protecting her "cubs" -- while confronting a real-life bear and its offspring.

Ms. Palin travels with husband Todd, daughter Piper and niece McKinley for some fishing on the Big Lake River. While floating on the river, the family encounters a group of brown bears. The bears fish, swim ... then, one bear starts fighting to protect her territory and her two cubs.

The rival bears growl, snarl and lash out as the babies scamper into the woods.

Sarah and her family view the action from their boat. "Wow," she says. "Wow ... It was amazing to watch. This 'mama grizzly' ... protecting her cubs!" This seems like an intentional metaphor from Ms. Palin, who has used the 'mama grizzly' reference before. The phrase invokes a "common sense" woman who guards her children and her country from harm.

While watching the natural drama, Palin points out how the animals teach their cubs about survival first-hand. "No one else can do it for you," she concludes, focusing on the the bears' self-reliance.

cheezit

Perhaps she should teach her children about survival by avoiding angry bears

November 21 2010 at 4:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pauly

They say Sarah Palin's Alaska had set a new viewing record. They say 5 million people watched the show......I'm betting 4 million people were hoping to see the Palins eaten by "mama grizzlie"

November 16 2010 at 7:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mark wynn

I enjoyed the first of the series and look forward to more episodes. Reminds me of my mother, who was a sweet lady ... and also a crack shot who brought down as many pheasants with her Browning Sweet 16 as the men in the party. Sarah Palin is real, as are most residents of Alaska. Hard to fake it for very long in that environment. You can cut it, or head south.
These people that get all hyper trying to put down the Palins are funny! I suspect they would be among the ones heading south.

November 16 2010 at 12:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danny

SARAH PALIN 2012!!!!!! BYE BYE Obama!!!!!

November 16 2010 at 12:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danny

SARAH PALIN The Next President of The United States!!! BYE BYE Obama

November 16 2010 at 12:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Spellfreak

The biggest, shrill-screeming, lowd mouth I have ever seen on TV. She just screams for attention!! What a fake!! I certainly didn't watch her!! Don't know of a soul who likes her. Give her back to the Alaska wildness where she belongs.

November 15 2010 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dan Lackey

I enjoyed the show and will watch it next week. What about the idiot author next door that displayed the American flag improperly? I did not see any one upset about that.

November 15 2010 at 5:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marie

Before anyone heard of Sarah Palin other than the people in Alaska and the Gov. Association, I wrote a letter requesting information on visiting Alaska, land/sea excursions, rentals, event schedules, etc. I received an extremely large package along with a hand written letter. I didn't look to see who wrote the letter but as I read the letter I kept thinking, wow, this person really loves Alaska for the enthusiam, pride and joy that this person has in living there was quite evident. After going through the large package of info, maps, booklets, etc. I then looked to see who sent this package. The signature on the hand written letter was Sarah Palin. The only State that came close to sending me so much info was Texas and I received an one paragrah preprinted memo. People may say many things about Sarah Palin, but no one can doubt her love of Alaska.

November 15 2010 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cmb

I think it is absolutely HYSTERICAL how you people get your panties in a wad over this women just living her life. It's almost better (and so much more satisfying) than the show itself. Keep 'em coming!

November 15 2010 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
buypolar

To all you women out there bashing Sarah... This is exactly why women
are not getting paid or achieving like the men of the world . We can't
seem to stop picking on women who dare to put themselves out there. Is
she hurting you? Let the woman have some fun "F'n" with the media and
all the people who choose to bitch about her. Is it that she has
balls? She is beautiful, married, successful and in the news for good
things! Watching her is sure better than talking about Bill getting a
blow job or Obama being a muslim. Maybe all you women who "hate"
Sarah are over weight, pounding down your gallon of ice cream and sack
of potato chips while you lay on the sofa and bitch about someone you
are not, nor ever will be!

November 15 2010 at 3:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply