December 18, 2014

Kyle Massey's Huge 'Dancing With the Stars' Weight Loss

by Catherine Lawson, posted Nov 16th 2010 8:50AM
Kyle Massey and Lacey SchwimmerKyle Massey's the latest celebrity to endorse the weight-loss benefits of appearing on 'Dancing With the Stars.'

Unlike fellow semi-finalist Bristol Palin -- who's previously said she hasn't lost any weight through being on the show -- Kyle says he's dropped 18 pounds and lost a whopping eight inches off his waist thanks to the punishing regime.

And in an interview with People magazine, the Disney Channel star says he's loving it. His dancing partner, Lacey Schwimmer, joked that " He looks in the mirror all the time."

Kyle attributes his new, leaner physique to the training schedule on the show: "It's crazy to think you're going to come into a competition like this and not lose weight with the hours you're going to have to put in. ... I know I'm going to keep losing weight as long as I'm on this show."

Kyle's hard work is also paying off on the dance floor. After scoring a near-perfect 58 out of 60 in last night's semi-finals, the judges praised his style and star quality. Carrie Ann Inaba even said he reminded her of Season 3 winner, Emmitt Smith.

So will he go all the way to the final, like the 'DWTS' weight loss poster boy from Season 1, John O'Hurley? Tune in for the results show tonight to see if Kyle's winning/losing streak continues.

'Dancing With the Stars' airs Mondays, 8PM ET on ABC. Results show airs Tuesdays, 9PM ET on ABC.

Abraxus

Yeah, go Kyle, he is totally cute and funny too. And I am going to do what someone said above, I am going to the DWTS website and I am going to vote under every email address I have and then I am going to make some up to add extra votes to Kyle because if that is how Bristol has managed to stay in it's not fair and she will win and that would be AWFUL!

November 18 2010 at 9:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JEAN DEAN

JEALOUS WOMEN ARE SO COMMON AND UNATTRACTIVE!

November 17 2010 at 8:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Camille

I've had a major crush on Kyle Massey since that's so Raven. LOL, now I love him even more! GO KYLE!

November 16 2010 at 11:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
May

I have watched the show each year but, I will not watch it again. It has become a popularity contest rather than a dance. Bristol, should have gone home after the 2nd show. I enjoy all of the professionals. They are really great. m nv

November 16 2010 at 11:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
May

November 16 2010 at 11:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to May's comment
Reba

I liked Bristol and thought she was refreshing. A very sweet girl and had not anything to do with politics. Is that the best you can do?

November 23 2010 at 10:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbi

I hope Kyle makes the semi finals. I hope either Bristol or Jennifer goes home tonight. Bristol just plains sucks as a dancer and Jennifer has been a whining crybaby the entire season.

November 16 2010 at 9:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Debbi's comment
Jane

Debbi.. I hope you voted for him last night. I did. I think he's fantastic! I agree, Jennifer needs to end her pity party.

November 16 2010 at 11:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Abraxus

Stuff the voting boxes of jennifer or kyle to prevent Bristol winning by politics. Here's how - go to the official website, fake an email address when you vote (it's what Palin's cronies have been doing) and vote as many times as you can by varying the fake email - VOTE KYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 18 2010 at 9:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply