July 31, 2014

'Weeds' Creator Says Next Season May be the Last

by Jean Bentley, posted Nov 16th 2010 11:12AM
'Weeds'The good times might finally be over for Nancy Botwin and her wacky family. According to series creator Jenji Kohan, 2011's already announced season 7 of 'Weeds' will most likely be the series' last.

"In my mind, it is [the final season]," Kohan told TV Guide after last night's season 6 finale. "Everyone's contract is up next year, [including] the actors and mine. Seven years is a good run, and I'd rather leave while on top. I'd never say never, but I have a feeling this might be it."

So how will it end? Kohan has an idea -- but she's not going to tell you. "I would never reveal [my plans]," she said. "There are two versions of the end of the series that I've had in mind, and it would be figuring out which way to go."

One of those ways could see Nancy dying."Potentially. In a blaze of glory. She certainly does tempt fate, and fate has a way of catching up to you."

When Showtime renewed 'Weeds' and 'The Big C' in September, president of entertainment David Nevins said in a statement, "The unprecedented viewership for both 'The Big C' and 'Weeds' proves that audiences love these shows as much as we do. There are definitely more comedic adventures in store for these fascinating, complex women. ... We're thrilled that these two signature shows will be returning to the network in 2011."

Will you be sad to see 'Weeds' go?

phire blu

honestly, she has a new start. in a suburb of Connecticut? it can start off how it did in Agrestic! keep the show going. but have the sister b the 1 shot so she can have Stevie back lol n send the girls 2 dad

October 23 2011 at 5:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
brookie

I just finished watching season 7 and I must say it was pretty entertaining. I would be sad to see this show end.

September 28 2011 at 7:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rational Voice

Season 6 SUCKED... This show needs to go back to it's namesake if it has any chance at continued success. It's barely been about weed for the last few seasons. Sorry, Jenji -- Season 6 was a low point.

May 03 2011 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Peter Naschke

Weeds is a smash!

I feel like I know each of the family...

Incredibly well done Jenji...just make sure the ending is as beautiful as the series.

Weeds fan for life...thank you!

April 07 2011 at 11:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Morgan

Ummmmmm...she calls the pure crap of season 6 being "on top"? Sounds like she's been hitting the pipe a little too hard.

March 22 2011 at 12:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kirby Marie Brandt

This is the best tv series know to human kind, Or at least me. I don't care where it is taken. As long as it stays on! With the same characters. Figure it out and keep the seasons coming! I can not ever get enough! BRILLIANT show! Huge fan!

March 16 2011 at 8:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat

before the 6th season started i decided to watch one episode to see wat it was like. i ended up watching every episode shotime had on ondemand (ie all of them) now im hooked. Watched all of season 6 and i cant wait for the 7th season. n i did like the steady small scale selling at the beggining because Nancy was simple back then now its more complex. I kind of want the family to settle back into a neighborhood n go back to what it used to be.

March 06 2011 at 12:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris F

I wish they would bring back conrade! these past few seasons was good but they atleast need to bring in some one like him. Or something atleast go back to some of the basics there not even makin money anymore not like they used to. They could branch off and show how conrad is doin or her sons. It just seems like the writer is out of ideas. There seems to be no other sellers of anything in the show anymore.

February 26 2011 at 2:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cupids1luv

PLEASE don't end!!!! We absolutely love this show, every season, every episode. Nancy keeps it interesting and fuels the devotion of the show. Must be some kind of way to keep it going. No other show is going to be able to compete. Maybe the creator can find a way to do some type of spin off or another chapter to the show. We are forever devoted fans. Never missed an episode. PLEASE keep the cast and keep up the great work!!!!! KEEP IT GOING!!

January 18 2011 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nick

Agree with comment #1. The show has been steadily getting worse since the fire. Although this season was definitly better than the last 2.

November 17 2010 at 10:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply