October 31, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jimmy Fallon (as Neil Young), Bruce Springsteen Sing 'Whip My Hair' (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Nov 17th 2010 6:00AM
Fallon as Neil Young, Springsteen Sing 'Whip My Hair'Does Jimmy Fallon have a particular affinity for Will Smith and family? First he sings the 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' theme song as Neil Young. Now he's combined his perfect impression with Willow Smith's 'Whip My Hair' tune. Whatever his reasoning, we like what we see (and hear).

On 'Late Night' (weeknights, 12:37AM ET on NBC), Fallon played acoustic guitar and intoned in Young's trademark whine, "Don't let haters keep me off my grind / Keep my head up, I know I'll be fine / Keep on fighting until I get there / When I'm down and I feel like giving up, I think again..."

Then Bruce Springsteen joined him for a somber rendition of the chorus: "I whip my hair back and forth, whip my hair back and forth / Just whip..."

river

Fallon got the voice right on. "Bruce" looks like someone doing Bruce.

November 17 2010 at 4:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JT

Well, I thought he DID sound like Neil Young, which only goes to show that Young may have been a great song writer, but as a singer, not so great. Bruce's voice wasn't up to par by a LONG shot, and although I also think he was a GREAT songwriter, his singing voice wasn't all that great either--way too gravelly, and what's with the scraggly beard?

November 17 2010 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ruthless

Jimmy Fallon is so tremendous. I believe little Willow will grow to regret her song choice in the years to come. Too bad. Her brother is really talented.

November 17 2010 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BP

What was that guys name,Squeal Young? Seriously though, if those two didn't have big names everybody would have concluded that their singing stunk.

November 17 2010 at 12:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to BP's comment
hamerxham12653

Hmmmm! Maybe it's because the two of them have written great songs! Even if they "whine" as you put it, they do it in pitch. It's as perfect a "whine" as anyone can do. But it's the SONGS that made them great! If you disagree then don't listen!! Then keep your idiot opinions to yourselves!!!

November 17 2010 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
netsned2

Bruce Springsteen sucks major monkey cock.

November 17 2010 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to netsned2's comment
snughead

Shows what you know about music then does'nt it. Twathead.

November 18 2010 at 7:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brink

Weeeeeeeedle Deeeeeeeeeeee Deeeeeeeeeee!

November 17 2010 at 12:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JTHUNT

Brandy is jealous of Bristol. It is plain to see. Brandy is a bad sport and sore LOOOOSER!!!

November 17 2010 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to JTHUNT's comment
Nhira

Brandy has more talent than Bristol has in her pinky thumb. She has absolutely NO reason to be jealous of Bristol because she is actually a real star WITH real talent while Bristol became a star by being a pregnant teen!! There are plenty of pregnant teens out there! Just because she cried when she got booted off DWTS doesnt mean shes a sore loser. She worked her butt off so did Bristol but Brandy is a better dancer.

November 17 2010 at 1:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sammy

Great job Jimmy---- Here we go again-- the ego maniac has to get his face on TV, because his music career is over.. The absolute worst singer of all time.. How horrible it must be to look back and see that your sham of a career is over... quit spewing your deranged political view points..No one cares..

November 17 2010 at 11:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
watdafuk

He should be more worried that the only people who bothered to comment were the spamers.

November 17 2010 at 10:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim

Hmmmm....I really thought it would have been good music. The only thing that made this song good was that Bruce Springstein Come out. Even then, the song really sucked.

November 17 2010 at 8:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply