December 20, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Kimmel Talks Conspiracy Theories with Brandy, Maks After 'DWTS' Cast-Off (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Nov 17th 2010 4:45AM
Brandy and Maks Talk 'DWTS' on 'Kimmel Live'Jimmy Kimmel is outraged by America's vote to eliminate Brandy Norwood and partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy from 'Dancing With the Stars.' The pair had scored well all season and garnered their first perfect 30 the previous night. Meanwhile, Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas earned lower scores but remain in the competition.

On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (weeknights, 12:05AM ET on ABC), the host tried to draw some anger out of Brandy, but she was very gracious, saying the experience had restored her confidence. "I believe more in myself now." Kimmel countered, "This would destroy my confidence."

He then brought up the conspiracy theories: "Do you believe there is an organized tea party voting bloc? Maksim, you're from Russia, right, you know about these blocs and this sort of thing," he joked. "I blame America for this!"

Fontana

It's annoying that a professional like Jennifer Grey who was a dancing star in the movie Dirty Dancing is even competing.She has had dancing lessons in her past, how fair is that?

November 18 2010 at 9:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Fontana's comment
Vera

Bristol is still the worst dancer among them. How obvious is that?

November 19 2010 at 12:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Fontana

Because in America people are free to cast their votes for whomever and whatever they want. Perhaps Brandy's fans didn't find the time to vote for her like Kyle's fans did.

November 18 2010 at 8:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Fontana's comment
Vera

Yes, it's a free country but NOT a stupid country.

November 19 2010 at 10:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nantee

I think that "Team Palin" is alive and well in TV land. I quit watching the show two weeks ago. I have watched this show from its beginning and haven't always liked the results but thought that the person who won at least could dance. Bristol can't dance and the people that think it is funny to make sure she wins should be proud of themselves. I know they laugh and are happy that they can make a poor dancer win however that is a lot of what is wrong in America today. Anyway you can win even it means a person better loses is okay with them. What a sad state of affairs. By the way I did not vote for Brandy ever didn't like her attitude at all but she is a better dancer than Bristol.

November 18 2010 at 7:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
basia

Bristol is no dancer, has no sense of humor, and why should we be submitted to see this whining product of her mother see being pushed around the dance floor?

November 18 2010 at 2:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
basia

I mailed to comments where are they?

November 18 2010 at 2:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cotton candy

Disgusted, you hit the nail right on it's head. Couldn't have said it better. It states right in the title of the show, Dancing With the STARS. Brandy, Jennifer, and Kyle are STARS, each having their own professional talent. Having a baby without the benefit of marriage is certainly not considered talent. What's done is done! Not able to turn the clock back. But for Bristol to win the glitter ball she and her partner Mark have to know she didn't win by being the best dancer but by Mommy Dearest stuffing the ballot box. I agree with the person who stated we all should be aware of just how powerful this Tea Party can be. Just like a cult; they follow and do just what Momma Sarah wants. It's like brain-washing. Should Bristol win - I can't imagine how she will be able to hold her head up high. How truthful will Bristol be telling Trip (her son) how she won the dancing title; Grandma Sarah bought it for me!

November 17 2010 at 7:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to cotton candy's comment
Fontana

Hogwash---just because you don't like how the rest of the world is voting is no reason to use a trumped up conspiracy theory to soothe your wounded spirit.

November 18 2010 at 12:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dennis hill

I agree. I will never watch the show again. My family will never watch it again. I will send emails to everyone I know and ask them not watch it ever again. What a joke for a teenager with no morals and a parent with no scruples to get involved in a show that is viewed by families all over the world. How sad is it that ABC is now a political machine even in our entertainment. Shame on them. She looks like a fat-ass robot and belongs in the finals like Pres. Bush should be in a speaking contest.

November 17 2010 at 7:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dennis hill

Palin looks like a robot. She represents the worst that our country has to offer in a teenager who has no morals , than depends on her political mommy to take care of things. Then ABC allows politics to enter our television entertainment time to create a cancer to grow and eat awayat another part of our country's integrity. She belongs in the finals like Pres. Bush belongs in a speaking contest. What a travesty to Brandy and to the American viewers. I will never watch this show again, I will do everything I can to keep all my family from doing so. and I will emal everyone I know and ask them not to watch ABC programming again. Shame on ABC for allowing politics to enter tv show viewing.

November 17 2010 at 7:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mark boyle

i guess obama is qualified to b pres? Palin has much more experiance. Obama won cause he is Black. look at the country now. obama has already spent more thaN Bush did in 8 years. but daddy gorilla will be one term an out.

November 17 2010 at 7:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to mark boyle's comment
dennis hill

Amen !!!!!!!

November 17 2010 at 7:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Yves langlois

jGo live in Alaska with your Bimbo,,You wont have to travel and will be able to see russia from your home too.

November 17 2010 at 7:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
B Zep

I'm done with DWTS. If I want to see a show where talent does not count only how many people you can get to watch the show I will watch the WWE instead. At least they have the Cahona's (part of male anatomy) to admit it's fake and the winner is decided ahead of time.

November 17 2010 at 6:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply