December 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Lawrence O'Donnell Bemoans Sarah Palin 'Being Allowed to Rewrite the English Langauge' (VIDEO)

by Jeremy Taylor, posted Nov 17th 2010 5:33PM
Lawrence O'Donnell is not pleased with the New Oxford American Dictionary's decision to select the Sarah Palin nonsense mashup "refudiate" as their word of the year.

"While reality shows eventually fade away, Sarah Palin made a much more lasting and damaging contribution to society this week -- she is being allowed to rewrite the English Language," O'Donnell complained on 'The Last Word With Lawrence O'Donnell' (weekdays, 10PM ET on MSNBC.)

"No doubt Sarah Palin and her supporters will take this honor and run with it; next they will be demanding that cartographers actually move Russia even closer to Sarah Palin house."

Now that's a pretty good zinger. And a much more healthy response to the influence Palin and her minions wield than that of the guy who shot out his TV because he was frustrated that Bristol Palin inexplicably keeps escaping the cut on "Dancing With the Stars."

Bill Stehl

Toni: After reading your heavy handed diminution of Sarah Palin; Quote, "I find her to be a vacant, empty vessel with little to add to the betterment of this country, or the world."
One is forced to wonder,Just what have YOU done to add to the betterment of this country, or the world?

I think it's better to examine one's own contributions to the world before questioning the life or contributions of another. For example, If you were never born, what would be different in the world? Sorry, no Clarence in this scenerio, this is about you, not Jimmy Stewart.

November 19 2010 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dcmtranscription

We could all be like ummm our ummm president ahh and ummm we could ummmm talk like him ummmm and ummm robert gibbs ahhh and ummmm we could sound ummm totally stupid ahhhh and uhhhhh we could uhhh learn to uhhh talk uhhh intelligently...lol

November 18 2010 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dcmtranscription's comment
lheenan

Wow, you do a great impression of Dubya! ''Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country.''
-President George W. Bush, Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004
Um, funny stuff those Bushisms! :)

November 18 2010 at 8:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wayne Houston

Leave it to MSNBC My God what a bunch of sick sour people! They are even painful to look at!

November 18 2010 at 2:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robert J. Eber

Palin is exaxctly as advertised. a rough and not quite ready Maverick. She is going to punish the American people by spoiling their politics and their TV entertainment which she enjoys. Vindictive - "I'll show you" - "you can't do that to me." Where did she ever get the notion that anyone can rewrite English?

November 18 2010 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to Robert J. Eber's comment
Toni Gilmont

Actually, I'm only sorry the "Palin's" have lasted this long as "celebrities" -rather than people who actually add to our intellectual advancement as a species. I would say the day is fast coming when the name Palin will not be so instantly recognized --hope it is soon for I find her to be a vacant, empty vessel with little to add to the betterment of this country, or the world.

November 18 2010 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Toni Gilmont's comment
Bill Stehl

November 19 2010 at 3:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
me

hahaha whoa man. NYBill u gota chill. watsup with the "laareeee" its a littl over the top. y dnt u smoke a littl weed man

November 18 2010 at 1:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RJ Slink

Why does this ignorant man not speak out against Obama comletely ignoring our Constitution. I guess that doesn't rank as high as M. Palin's use of the English language!!!!! Go figure.

November 18 2010 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liz

All 5 of MSNBC's viewing audience should enjoy this idiot's rant.

November 18 2010 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JEB BUCKINGHAM

Awwwww, dry those tears, Larry. All you have to do is change the channel if it bothers you that much, honey.

November 18 2010 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sherrill

I'm a young black, hetro-sexual business woman with a Master's degree. I work hard for my money. I don't like Palin, but, I don't like giving all my money back to the government. I believe in helping others in need, but, I want government to stay out of my life. So, I'm an independent. Voted for BILL CLINTON, but, sorry folks, I didn't vote for BROCK. I like I said I'd like to keep just some of my money. AND HE IS JUST TOO LIBERAL. Oh, and Lawarence O'Donnell? Who Cares? I like watching all the great looking female reporters on the FOX. And, no I'm not gay. I just like watching females who WENT TO SCHOOL AND MADE SOMETHING OF THEMSELVES. AND, YES. I DO watch BET and some of the other AFRICAN-AMERICAN reporters (both male and female) like on CNN, Headline, etc. SO DON'T give me any crap about being an "AUNTIE" or any other name just because I don't tow the LIBERAL BLACK LINE.

November 18 2010 at 1:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Sherrill's comment
lheenan

First of all, if you have a master's you would know how to write a complete sentence and not make it read like a ninth-grader wrote it while high on Mountain Dew.
Who is Lawarence?
Who is Brock? Do you mean our president, Barack Obama?
To paraphrase a line from Shakespeare: "Methinks the lady doth protest too much" on the subject of gender identity. (Should I have written some of this in all caps for emphasis?) :)

November 18 2010 at 8:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply