September 2, 2014

TNT Cancels 'Dark Blue'

by Catherine Lawson, posted Nov 17th 2010 6:15AM
Cast of 'Dark Blue'Even the addition of Tricia Helfer to the cast couldn't save 'Dark Blue': The gritty undercover cop drama has become the latest show consigned to the junkyard this fall.

According to The Futon Critic, a spokesman for TNT confirmed that the network will not be ordering a third season of the series.

Although it stars Dylan McDermott and is executive-produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, 'Dark Blue' has struggled with ratings and reviews. The second season only managed to rake in an average of 2.25 million viewers, making it the least-watched of TNT's summer offerings.

In contrast, 'The Closer' drew in 7.21 million viewers and new drama 'Rizzoli & Isles' averaged 6.89 million. Even the least successful of the other TNT dramas, 'HawthoRNe,' was recently renewed after pulling in over 3 million viewers.

farah

so there is re runs of angel, charmed, las vegas, and non stop LAW and ORDER on SAT & SUN, yet somehow you cannot rerun the Dark Blue episodes? I'm sure the shows previously mentioned do not get 7.1 million views so what is so difficult of continuing this show? it was a great show and SOMETHING NEW! at least give it a chance run it at a different time or day im sure itll get better ratings again it was GREAT SHOW!

February 05 2012 at 11:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jamal

Dark Blue was good until Tricia Helfer joined the cast. The first season was a dark series with secrets. The 2nd series was a predictable "feel good" that ended the show.

September 26 2011 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kingonkings

I am so disappointed by Americans, I am deeply heart, ALL the GREAT shows are being canceled, The Event, Chase, Dark Blue, Vanished, Kidnapped, Human Target, The Gates, these were the WORLD's GREATEST shows and my disappointing fellow Americans have DISGRACED the US name by not watching these shows and watching STUPID shows, leaving them on TV and ridding off the best shows, I need to move back to Europe, OMG, so so so disappointing you guys are.

September 16 2011 at 12:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dimmey

this sucks Dark blue is an awesome show...jerry bruckheimer should try NBC or ABC or CBS....i know id watch it..that was was awesome because it was a differnt cop point of view...

September 02 2011 at 7:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Uncle Woo

AWW Hell! Now how am I gonna see Omari!? TNT sucks...

August 05 2011 at 2:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
baxterwbaxter

OK. I have been listening in to TNT for over 2 months waiting to hear about the startup of Dark Blue for the new season. Not only did you bring back The Closer but also Leverage. Both are Ok. I do watch Leverage and like it.
My Mom watches The Closer enough said!!! She also watches...Matlock. I particularly liked the characters in Dark Blue...Dylan and the new faces added some intrigue and interest for me. I believe the first 2 installments (6/8) episodes were the best and offered numerous long term plots to build from. But who am I to suggest your story line. "Just one of the 2+ million who really liked this show. I wish you all had some way to tell your viewers
aobut eh viewership analysis....I'm sure we 2+million could have contacted at least one person each to join us in becoming an avid supporter of this program. OK, I'm rambling...only because I care about good programming!!!

July 25 2011 at 4:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
T.

Wow I was waiting for this show to come on and finally just looked it up and to my dismay, you guys cancelled it. I do watch The Closer, but would have rather had this one on than it. I bet if you run re-runs you'll get a huge "viewer" ratings. Bad mistake TNT.

July 07 2011 at 9:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fancytllp

This really sucks.. I love this show. Much better than some of those reality shows. These people made a great team. Guess I just Have to quit watching TV because they keep taking off the good shows.

May 24 2011 at 8:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jlwar97

What a bummer! I really enjoyed Dark Blue, watched every episode and wished there were more! I watched it and The Closer. Maybe they'll reconsider.

May 19 2011 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Neale Gail Dugger

Wow, cancel. Maybe I won't watch any TNT shows. When you find one that you do like and 2.5 milllion people watch and thats not enough for you. You lost me for any TNT shows. Good by

April 21 2011 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply