September 2, 2014

CBS Officially Cancels 'Medium'

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 18th 2010 2:45PM
MediumCBS has canceled 'Medium.'

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the show will come to an end after a seven-season run on both NBC and CBS.

"It's true, Allison DuBois will dream her last dream on Fri 1/21," series creator Glenn Gordon Caron announced Thursday. "In what we believe will be a series defining episode, Allison and her family will stare destiny in the eye. And destiny will not blink."

News of the cancellation comes after CBS declined to pick up the back nine episodes, cutting the season to 13 shows.

Patricia Arquette
told Entertainment Weekly that the writers are excited to wrap up the series. "They're like, 'We're just going to burn the whole thing down!'

"It's been a great time," Arquette said. "I love that time in my life."

While the ratings for 'Medium' have dipped, they're still stronger than many other shows that air on Friday nights. The most recent episode was seen by 6.8 million viewers.

'Medium' follows the life of Arquette's character Allison DuBois, a psychic who helps her local district attorney's office as a consultant. The show is based on the real life of medium Allison DuBois.

Tell us: Are you sad to see 'Medium' go?

marybinder

I don't think anyone cares about the Real Allison DuBois. I saw her on that Real Ho show, and that is just what they are. I don't ever watch that stuff, until supposedly that was one of the reasons to cancel Medium. Who cares about the Real Allison??? I certainly don't. We all fell in love with all of those people on the show. Maybe behind the scenes things like that matter to you, but not us, the viewing public. Please put our program back on the air. Please, please, please!!!!!!

April 07 2011 at 2:51 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ryrcjngrl7

I believe CBS picked up Medium just to cancel one of its best in competition for veiwers. What better way to get rid of competition!!! Wrong move!!! It was one of the best shows ever. Cancelling some the stupid reality shows would be better!!!!!! CBS - you really screwed up this time.

April 02 2011 at 5:07 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
ryrcjngrl7

April 02 2011 at 5:07 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
pinkster88

I'm a little upset with CBS for canceling the show because it's been great! I cried on the last episode because it was so sad. I hated the fact that Allison had to live her life without Joe because he was her main supporter. I really thought that Joe had survived the crash but it was Allison's love that made him survive. He still lived in her heart and she imagined him back to life. I kind of wish they hadn't killed everyone off because I was hoping another network would have picked it up but I guess not. It was so good that I had to let all of my friends watch it from my phone! I work and subscribe to DISH Network and when I'm at work or out of town, I watch Law and Order: SVU and all of the other Law and Order series using the TV Everywhere function in the DISH Remote Access app. The app is free and it let's you watch live or pre-recorded shows from your DVR on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or any Android supported device. I love it and I am always recommending that people come to DISH Network and I am inviting anyone who comes across this post to explore DISH Network and experience a value unseen by any other TV provider!

*Danielle

February 27 2011 at 11:52 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Sherry

I have no interest in any TV shows except Medium! I am very upset it was cancelled. I could care less about watching anything else.

February 23 2011 at 10:16 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
kelly

The networks are freaking idiots! They don't know when they have a good show on they would rather just cancel and put another EFFIN reality show in its place! This is the reason I do not pay for cable and watch everything online! For once pull your heads out of your asses and listen to your viewers WE DO NOT WANT ANYMORE REALITY SHOWS!!!

February 08 2011 at 12:48 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
geminilady0

Oh my goodness here we fo again. first nbc now cbs is canceling my most favorite show. if those crappy housewives reality garbage shows can make it why can't a good plot show make it? yep just what we need t replace it another lawyer cop show.

February 05 2011 at 11:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
renie manzella

I really hated to see Medium to go away
The show that is taken it places I won't watch
I hope someone picks up the reruns
there is nothing to watch
I'm really going to miss the show

February 03 2011 at 7:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KK6PA

I really hated to see Medium go away. I "found" Medium sometime ago before they transfered over to CBS. Since then I have watched seasons 1 thru 6 compliments of Netflix. I hope CBS will put 7 out on DVD so I can see the ones I missed.
JD

January 28 2011 at 10:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pat

I really hate to see the show cancelled....One of the best shows on....Will truly miss it...

January 28 2011 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply