September 17, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Maksim Chmerkovskiy Asks Viewers Not to 'Turn Off' 'DWTS' (VIDEO)

by Donald Deane, posted Nov 19th 2010 3:45PM
Maksim Chmerkovskiy appears to have come to terms with his shocking elimination from 'Dancing With the Stars' along with partner Brandy. On 'Access Hollywood Live' (weekdays, syndicated), he refused to slam the surprising vote or America's decision to put Bristol Palin in the finals. Instead, he asked viewers to keep watching the dance competition despite a recent flurry of criticism.

"It's all good," Chmerkovskiy said. "It's my job right now, my duty, to make sure that people don't turn off, because there's a lot of negativity, a lot of negative emotion. We got a lot of love and support from our fans, but I need to stay true to what I want, and I want dancing on TV. I don't want there to be any sort of scrutiny about the show."

Chmerkovskiy also tried to put the elimination in perspective, saying that he and his partner are fine. "Brandy's okay. I'm okay," he said. "The world has not come crashing down because we got eliminated."

Creid

Bristol is getting the votes because because of the popularity of her mother as well as a move against the hate mongers against the kid. Also many people felt that the line up was unfair to start with. Having Jennifer Gray, the professional, against a no experience performer was unfair. All of the previous shows have basically been a popularity contest, but because it is a Palin, it is bigger news. Finally no one was more surprised to NOT be voted off was Bristol.

November 22 2010 at 10:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan O\'Brian

I don't think many people understand the purpose of the public voting. If it were just on talent, then we could stop with the pro judges voting. However, the show wanted the public to factor in such things as experience, age, etc. So yeah, a better performance could be voted behind something less than that based on "other criteria". The public has been putting "blockbuster" films ahead of Academy Award winners for decades.

November 22 2010 at 9:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
E.S; Burke

Go Bristol. She displays courage, determination and growth which is what I admire. And each dance is different exhibiting different elements that can be judged by the difficulty of thatparticular dance. Bristol is a hero just coming out week after week considering the media so set against her and her mom. Also as a judge in skating, I know first hand that this exhibition can be quite subjective. It is a show people, get on with your life and stop bringing politics into it.

November 22 2010 at 9:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nezi

Everybody who knows anything about dancing, knows that Bristol can't dance. She is soooo stiff because she is too fat to have the proper moves. If her mother wasn't Sarah, she would have been eliminate
after the first show.

November 22 2010 at 9:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
betty

You Ann Fortgang ( Fortgang?), and the rest of you sore losers are the "NUTTY" ones! Go, go, Palin!!!!

November 21 2010 at 10:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ann Fortgang

Palin should have been gone even before Florence Henderson. If you noticed there were weeks that her marks were at the bottom and far behind the top marks and not only was she not gone, but she wasn't even in the bottom 3. This past week the judges can also take some blame. They gave her higher marks than she deserved. I thought they didn't want her to feel bad because she is so far behind everyone else. She should have been gone because she is so not musical. Kyle may make mistakes but you could always tell, even from the first show, that he feels the music. She could do the same dance without music because it wouldn't make a difference. I do think her mother"s tea party nuts are out in full force.
Unfortunatly she is paying the price. I think she was very embarassed by it all.

November 21 2010 at 9:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vanessa Anderson

I think it's rigged or the producer is a tea party member himself. Brandy clearly out danced Palin.

November 21 2010 at 8:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gmclc

We do not need mc and brandy to tell us to continue seeing the show...we have freedom to vote and we have voted...brandy is beautiful and talented but the persons we voted for deserved the votes because of the growth they had and grey because all she has to overcome to excel in the show. She will be the winner, but the other also deserved to win...they really worked to be where they are. Again, we voters are right...only a few and the new media are the one making all the fuzz.

November 21 2010 at 8:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Connie Hauser

I actually feel sick, as this is one show that I have watched every season and every episode. I can only conclude that the producer is a S. Palin advocate, supporter or a teapartier. I honestly believe that something is wrong with the voting system. I have voted every time. I think that politics should be kept out of DWTS. I could hardly stomach Tom DeLay, now this. I will definitely rethink about tuning into "my favorite show" should the outcome be B. Palin.

November 21 2010 at 8:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply