September 3, 2014

'Ace of Cakes' Canceled After 10 Seasons

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 22nd 2010 12:30PM
Duff GoldmanPrepare to gasp: Food Network's 'Ace of Cakes' is coming to an end.

All the gasping done? Great. The cake series starring Duff Goldman and his crew at Charm City Cakes will end after its season 10 airs in January.

Goldman announced the news on Charm City's blog. "It's true: All good things must come to an end. 'Ace of Cakes'' 10th season, set to air in January, will be our last," Goldman wrote."

The series has been in production for five years and featured dozens of celebrities and Hollywood projects from 'Lost' to '30 Rock.' Season 10 will feature a 'Price is Right' episode and the final episode will showcase Charm City's cake for the 25th anniversary of 'Back to The Future.'

'Ace of Cakes' also airs in Britain, Australia and New Zealand.

Once 'Cakes' wraps, don't expect Goldman and the crew to shy away from cameras. In his blog post, Goldman wrote,"Although we can't reveal too much yet, there are definitely plans afoot for some big things for us in the future. Some of those plans involve TV cameras, some don't. But believe you me, we aint [sic] going anywhere."

Food Network senior vice president Bob Tushman confirmed that the network is developing new show concepts for Goldman.

Cameronsdad

Good I'm glad the show is gone. Duff Goldman is not like the person you see on TV at all. We met him once at a food show in Anaheim a couple of years ago. My 5yo loved the show, and was absolutelly thrilled to meet Duff. All he wanted from Duff was to have a picture with him. Duff told him "No". Why couldn't you take 10 seconds more to have 1 picture taken? My 5yo was so upset and crying. A few nights later Ace of Cakes was on Tv and I asked my son if he wanted to watch his answer "No." when I asked him why, he said "Because Duff is mean.".

What these TV personalities need to realize is that without viewers you have no show. The viewers made your show last that long, then you go and turn your back on your viewers, especially kids, you deserve to have your show cancelled. 2 years later my son still remembers this. We wont be watching any show you are on.

November 02 2011 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tiffany Brady

its sad that people would like . the show was great, its sad that its ending, learned it from glee as well
lol

October 04 2011 at 9:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Todd

I found this information out from Glee.... and I'm not happy. Why, why would you cancel Ace of Cakes? :3

October 04 2011 at 8:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

Wow! My prayers are being answered! Charlie Sheen gets canned, and now the end of ace of cakes....Duff is ..well a duff., and when did cakes get interesting??

March 08 2011 at 1:19 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
twillsman

I think it sucks. I have all the dvds and cannot believe this is ending. Whatever is next I sure hope it involves Ben,Jeff,Anna, Mary Alice, Lauren, Katherine, Sophie, Elena etc. If I forgot anyone it wasn't intentional with the exception of one female. I love you all. I hope some none tv associated bakery ends up with this no personality perfectionist. (hint K.R.) Often very noticabley quite snippy and I think I saw her smile once. She is very good at what she does and should be paid well. I would hire her just not on camera.

March 03 2011 at 9:18 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Robin

You're right Duff all good things do come to an end....but when one door closes it just opens another door - it's usually a French door!!! Run through it and come back to the air!! You and your staff are true artists and I for one love your outstanding art work!!

February 17 2011 at 11:46 AM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
ettajune1949

I AM HAPPY THAT SOMETHING ELSE WILL BE HAPPENING WITH DUFF AND FRIENDS. I WAS MAD AT FIRST UNTIL I READ THAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO OTHER THINGS WITH DUFF. THANKS FOR NOT JUST GETTING RID OF THE DUFFER. GOOD LUCK AND SEE YOU VERY SOON I HOPE . LOVE YOU GUYS AND GALS.

February 10 2011 at 7:54 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
J

I was in shock when I heard the news the other night, but after reading the article glad to know y'all have some other projects in the works. I love the show, cakes, & crew....It inspires me to try new things! Best of Luck Duff.

February 10 2011 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daryle

Why would they get rid of Ace of Cakes and not Cupcake Wars...that's gotta be the worst excuse for a food show I've ever seen....and yes the Neelys need to go too! Gonna miss Duff and the gang.

February 08 2011 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marty

i can think of 3 shows...cooking shows ....and i say that loosely....that could go away forever and i doubt they would be missed. but please not ace of cakes.......

February 08 2011 at 3:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply