September 30, 2014

'Dancing With the Stars' Predictions: Who Will Win Season 11?

by Sharon Knolle, posted Nov 22nd 2010 12:05PM
Last week, we predicted that Bristol Palin could become the season 11 'Dancing With the Stars' champ. This week? Yep, she's still in the running.

We also predicted that Jennifer Grey ultimately would triumph, which is also still possible. The one thing we didn't see coming was that Kyle Massey, not Brandy Norwood, would be the third contender for the Mirror Ball.

On a season that's been this unpredictable, we size up the stars before the finale -- their best and worst dances, their strengths and weaknesses and who's got the best shot at winning.

Kyle MasseyKYLE MASSEY
Season ranking (based on scores alone): 3rd
Total points: 24.2
Best dance: His high-energy Instant Jive set to 'Good Golly, Miss Molly.'
Worst dance: His rumba, which the judges said "lacked fluidity"
We'll always remember his: Disco-flavored 'Charlie's Angels' foxtrot
Strengths: He loves to entertain and always "brings the fun" (to quote the judges)
Weaknesses: His footwork isn't as strong as it could be
Who's voting for him: Disney fans, tweens, Steve-O
Best judges' nicknames: "Naughty puppy," "Mr. Charisma"
Where he'll (likely) place: Third

Bristol PalinBRISTOL PALIN
Season ranking (based on scores alone): 7th
Total points: 21.5
Best dance: Her dramatic, high-scoring paso doble
Worst dance: Her week 4 rumba, which Len called "vacant"
We'll always remember her: Gorilla-suited jive to 'The Monkees' theme song
Strengths: Good footwork
Weaknesses: She's often too reserved to show as much emotion as the judges would like
Who's voting for her: Tea Party supporters, her Mom, fans of underdogs everywhere
Best judges' nickname: "Bristol the pistol"
Where she'll (likely) place: Second

Jennifer GreyJENNIFER GREY
Season ranking (based on scores alone): 1st
Total points: 26.5
Best dance: Her instant rumba, scored to Foreigner's 'Waiting for a Girl LIke You,' which Bruno called "breathtaking, sensual and sexy."
Worst dance: Her out-of-control paso doble in which she missed a step
We'll always remember her: Moving Viennese Waltz tribute to Patrick Swayze on the first night
Strengths: She's the strongest and most polished dancer left and the best at creating a character and conveying emotion and intensity
Weaknesses: Her many injuries have threatened to sideline her
Who's voting for her: 'Dirty Dancing' fans, women 40 and over, Levi Johnston
Best judges' nicknames:
"Bionic bunny," "sexy mistress of Cougar Town"
Where she'll (likely) place: First

Do you agree with our predictions?

Who will win 'DWTS' season 11?
Bristol341 (23.2%)
Jennifer879 (59.9%)
Kyle247 (16.8%)

Yvonne Gray

Lines are busy, no response. How can one vote if you can't get through. I guess if you vote for Palin, the call makes it. This has been a real farce when it comes to talent. On the bottom every week and still not sent home. Brandi certainly was heads above Bristol, Yet, home she went. I hope things are done better next season or I will sit and watch reruns. I hate being duped into thinking this is a fair and honest contest. Give me America Has Talent any day.

November 23 2010 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JODI

DWTS really needs a new scoring system!!

November 23 2010 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to JODI's comment
carherine

A NEW SCORING SYSTEM.... THEY ALSO NEED A NEW CO-HOST
AND HOST IF TOM CAN'T STAY AWAY FROM BROOKE...
SHE'S TO IN TO HERSELF.. TOM LISTEN, YOU NEED TO DO
SOMETHING BEFORE THE NEXT SEASON... NEW JUDGES AND
AND REPLACEMENT OF BROOKE BRUKE.
GOOD LOOK TO KYLE AN LACEY AND.
THAT WAS NOT A SURPRISE THAT JEN & DERRICK WON. EVERYBODY NEW FROM THE BEGINNING THAT THEY WERE GOING TO WIN. THEY BOTH ARE PROS AT DANCING. HOW COULD THEY NOT WIN. SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE ABOUT WHO NEED TO WIN. A PRO OR A STARTER....

November 24 2010 at 8:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

I agree, the voting system sucks. tried for over half hr. just busy. The judges should have 100% vote. Call me crazy, but since they are dancers & wouldnt be biased (hopefully)& would judge on skill period. Sometimes you could see utter shock on their faces when Max & Brandy were ousted! Leave the Tea party & people who forget its about talent, out of voting.

November 23 2010 at 11:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JoyceB

I tried voting last night..Key word "tried" was going to vote for either Jen or Kyle..response on the phone "the # you have dialed is not in service, check your # and try again" I had the right #'s. Was afraid to dial the # for Bristol, cause figured it would work...A little while later I called the same #
and right away I got "Thanks for calling DWTS, your voting time is up" What the heck?? Is that a Tea Party trick? If Bristol wins, it will be a travesty. She is dancing like she's in the second week! If she wins, they have to change the the voting rules..maybe 60% judges, and 40% voting public.

November 23 2010 at 10:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent McKee

I voted for Bristol because I think that she will win. She doesn't deserve to win by any objective standard (should have been out before Florence Henderson) but between her mother's supporters, people who "vote for the worst," people who seem to think she represents some amorphous set of "values," and for all I know the Parents Television Council, I think it will go that way. Jennifer is clearly the best dancer, and a battle between her and Brandy would have been epic, but the way the voting has been going I have no confidence that the best dancer will win.

November 23 2010 at 5:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vjssr777

I am sick of the way the left screwballs in our own country bash and threaten Bristol, she is the only non actor/actress/performer on the show and she showed more guts, class, dignity, self respect and honor then all the other contestants combined!

She should win and score a victory for all the modest, quiet, shy, people of this planet that have values and whose heart is pure.

Bristol you're a superstar to countless and the world the good world loves you!!!

November 22 2010 at 10:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marilyn

Can't get through on the phone lines and the website is having a "hitch" so I can't vote. I wonder if I voted for Bristol the "hitch" would magically disappear. I would try but I don't want to waste a vote.

November 22 2010 at 9:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

I have a feeling Bristol will win and she doesn't deserve to at all. Even her freestyle tonight looked clumsy.

November 22 2010 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
revivalman

Until last week, I though DWTS had been mostly a popularity contest. But when Brandy (my favorite) lost, I was stunned. Maybe tonight will be different and talent will truly matter. Nah......won't happen. Bristol Palin is going to run away with it and finish on top.

November 22 2010 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
renee

the thats so raven kid should win... i love J. Grey but for me its the disney kid.. and if that none dancing yacko job of a teen mother wins... heaven help us all...shes no star.. and that network needs to be kicked in their azz for putting that half baked girl on there.... oh but she has the wack job tea party behind her....

November 22 2010 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply