July 29, 2014

Mary Murphy In, Mia Michaels Out on 'So You Think You Can Dance,' 'Grey's Anatomy' Musical in the Works and More

by Chris Harnick, posted Nov 22nd 2010 11:40AM
Mary MurphyLadies and gentleman, Mary Murphy is back! That's right, the 'So You Think You Can Dance' veteran is returning to the judging table, replacing choreographer Mia Michaels.

"Last year when I was sitting on the [judges] panel, I knew it wasn't the right fit because I felt too glossy sitting on the panel," Michaels told E! Online. "People were so focused on what I wore and my hair. I wanted to get dirty and back to the work. I am an artist and I'm a visionary. I need to paint my world now and not be constantly linked to 'So You think You Can Dance.'"

Michaels' post-'SYTYCD' time with a Bravo reality series, writing a memoir and developing a Broadway show.

Look for Murphy to return next season.

In other TV news ...

Fans of 'The Event' (yes, we know some of you are out there still), hang onto your hats: A fall cliffhanger is upon us. Look for some big reveals about Sophia and her people, plus a military crisis. And you know, "events." [TV Guide]

CMT has renewed 'The Singing Bee' for a season 3. The karaoke competition is hosted by 'Reba' veteran Melissa Peterman. [Deadline Hollywood]

Ice-T: Rapper, actor and reality star? The 'Law & Order: SVU' star and his wife Coco were seen with a film crew at the Covet lounge in Manhattan. The couple reportedly shot footage inside the lounge and people on the set said it was for E! [NY Post]

'Grey's Anatomy' is going 'Glee.' The ABC medical drama is reportedly tackling a musical episode later this season. [Michael Ausiello]

The first trailer for 'The Onion News Network' TV series has hit the Web. [Hollywood Reporter]

rahulhb

Good luck to her

www.danceenterprise.com , www.danceenterprise.co.uk

April 24 2011 at 12:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
krktoday

I love that show but I cannot watch with her judging. She make's it impossible for me to enjoy it with that horrid laugh.

November 25 2010 at 11:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Debbie Finney

Mia....Do not leave this show....please continue your artistry in Dance. You are my reason for watching this show. I look forward to your choregraphy in dance....

November 25 2010 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brenda

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! Really missed Mary.....love her. SOOO glad she is coming back....Mia Michaels is good, but Mary is better!!!
Good call for "Dance"!!!

November 25 2010 at 8:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anne

Welcome back, Mary Murphy! You were missed! (I can't stand Mia Michaels!)

November 25 2010 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bert

OMG NO!!!!! Will be sending the producers a supply of duct tape for her enormous mouth!!! GAWD . .couldn't they find a more civilized person to be a judge???WHY DO THEY NEED A SCREECH OWL??!!

November 25 2010 at 7:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
darbar

Isn't there anyone else who can judge dance? Mary gets on my last nerve, I absolutely cannot stand her voice and that cackle. God, I used to love that show, but now that she's back, I may be gone, or at least DVR the show and fast forward past her crap.

November 25 2010 at 6:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MAGOOS

This monster mouth will ruin a good show! And also wear out the volume mute on millions of TV sets. Surely there is someone who cannot be heard from New York to LA to fit Michals' spot!

November 25 2010 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Merlie

Sorry that she is back....I CANNOT stand that god-awful laugh (cackle) of hers, it ruins the show for me. Will not be watching!

November 25 2010 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mquestor1

YES, mary is back....sooOOOoooo glad to hear it..did not enjoy the show nearly as much..the kids always loved her hot tomale train and squeals...she made the show fun...last season was tooo serious.

November 25 2010 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply