October 22, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Supernanny' Jo Calls Parents 'Immature and Lazy' (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Nov 22nd 2010 9:30AM
'Supernanny' Jo Frost Calls Parents 'Lazy'Jo Frost is not known to mince words. But, whoa. For the Swift family, the super nanny turns super blunt. She calls Jenny and Tony "immature and lazy" when it comes to parenting their five children.

"Sitting down and working out what was right for your kids just wasn't important enough," Frost says on 'Supernanny' (Fri., 8PM ET on ABC). "You got help coming out your ears," referring to Jenny's mother and the family's nanny, who called Frost for help.

Instead of blaming the nanny, Frost says the couple doesn't discipline their four boys or regard safety issues. "Do you need the broken leg? Do you need the drowning?" asks Frost. What will it take for them to make some changes?

J Lea

If these people have a swimming pool, and leave doors open so their young children can just wander out there, they need more than a nanny to call them on the carpet. What's next, being oblivious while the kids are in the playroom lighting a pile of newspapers they just doused with gasoline? 'Cause, kids will do stuff like that if you don't keep an eye on 'em. Do you need third degree burns over 90% of your body? Sheesh

November 22 2010 at 9:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Granny

I have my own ideas why so many fail. Too many parents don't really want to be parent but they want to be friends and buddies with their kids. I was mom first and I set the rules, dad was deployed a lot and we had to decide on one boss in the house. They knew that once I made a decision it was made and I would not explain my reasons for a yes or a NO!. I know that it is easier to be a buddie and let them do as they please, be it a good idea or not. Mine are grown and most married and have made me grandma. I have finally become buddy, once they passed the 32 year boundary. I also blame society as well for how so many parents and kids are these days. I do not believe in spanking of beating but do believe in punishment when needed. Myself, I used to wave a wooden spoon around and it worked wonders. Yes, I guess my kids were a little afraid of me or of breaking the rules of the household but they are all doing well at this time in their chosen choice of occupations.

November 22 2010 at 7:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Julie

they are unaceptble

November 22 2010 at 7:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ned Sheats

Finally the TRUTH. No child was ever hurt by an open handed slap or spanking. Why cant parents take an interest in but not run thier childrens lives?

November 22 2010 at 7:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nick

Faked, inane "reality" shows. When is this rot of a format going to die out in television land?!

November 22 2010 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Nick's comment
Granny

Do you know how to take care of your dislike? Just do not watch them. I only watch a couple but that is my choice just as it is others choices to watch what they want.

November 22 2010 at 7:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brad

Parenting is hard work... most parents simply do a lousy job. It's easy to have a child, it's difficult to raise one.

November 22 2010 at 7:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
An admirer of talent

So sorry to see Jo go, but she has the right to have her own family. My husband (72) and me (70) have enjoyed her so much. Her kid's will be so lucky to have a Mom so together in her way of raising children. Let us know Jo, how you are doing.

November 22 2010 at 7:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
An admirer of talent

When both parents are lazy and immature, the kid's don't have a chance. Fortunately, when one parent is a responsible one, not lazy and immature, I see kid's that have a better outcome.
A Grandmother/Great Grandmother

November 22 2010 at 7:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xak

I wish it would also take quotation marks. "No, not acceptable." Proper writing just ISN'T necessary enough for people to either bother DOING or LEARNING anymore. Look for scores more lazy and immature parents and lazy and immature people in general in the very near future. America... (sigh.) No one is proud ENOUGH of you.

November 22 2010 at 5:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Suzanne Jones

Supper Nanny you are great! Parents don't know how to say no not acceptable. Sorry this is a nation and needs an awakening to embrace life. My husband and I will miss you, hope you stay America needs you badly,

Grandmother of thirteen and great grandmother, of one They know the word no and they listen and obey. They are spoiled with love. They listen with there hearts. Hubby and I are blessed. All our grandkids can go anywhere and do anything without throwing any tartrums or cause parents nightmares.

All it takes is no not acceptable. Life is what we make it. but, It's hard work. just ask yourself are you willing? Wishing all the best of Love, not luck. Happy Thanksgiving

Suzanne Jones