April 25, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Sarah Palin Gets Emotional While Reflecting on the Future of Her Son Trig's Life (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Nov 29th 2010 3:11AM
Sarah Palin Gets Emotional While Reflecting on the Future of Her Son Trig's LifeOn 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' (Sun., 9PM ET on TLC), Sarah Palin's family travels to Bristol Bay, Alaska. During the trip, there's a lot of symbolism going on. The family celebrates daughter Willow's birthday, which takes place over Fourth of July weekend. In addition, the name "Bristol Bay" inspired Sarah to call her daughter Bristol. But there's more ...

Eldest son Track has returned from a tour of duty in Iraq. He wants to join the fishing industry, which his dad, Todd Palin, used to work in. Bristol Bay has the largest salmon fishery in the world -- and is home to five generations of Todd's family. (This is a lot of symbolism, right?) Now, it's time to do some fishin'! And how does that go? Not so well, actually ...

To break even, Track needs to catch 3,000 pounds of a salmon a day. Instead, he catches almost nothing. He and his dad give up and head to shore. "A big part of being a fisherman is knowing when to cut bait and run," Sarah says. Next, the family crosses the bay to visit Todd's cousin Ina, who has a son named Matthew. And Matt suffers from Down's Syndrome -- just like Trig, Sarah's youngest son.

While meeting Matthew, Sarah thinks about what Trig's life will one day be like. Seeing Matt is like seeing part of her son's future. Matthew is a decade older than Trig, and he loves flying in the family plane. Sarah cries as she reflects on this.

When her son was born, Sarah wondered what Trig would be able to do when he grew up. This was her husband's reply: "He's going to come flying with me, and he's going to love it." Ms. Palin wept as she recalled these words, and she also gave Matthew a kiss as he sat in his airplane. Though 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' was pitched as unfiltered documentary, this was the most intimate moment we've seen thus far.

kevinbgood621

Tea Party = Silent Majority with a bad case of gas

December 05 2010 at 6:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to kevinbgood621's comment
wisepno

do u want 2 join, maybe u can help us bring those PRICES DOWN!

December 05 2010 at 2:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
skynana4

For all of you Hater's of Sarah Palin out there, why don't you put your differences aside and Understand that this is the MOTHER part of of Sarah that we are seeing. I Understand her feelings about her son Trig, for I have a 6 year old granddaughter that has Down Syndrome too. Our family didn't know what to expect in the years ahead, and I too, along with my Entire Family felt the same was as Sarah does now when my Granddaughter was born. Oh and by the way, if Sarah does run for President or Vice President again, she has a Fantastic family that Supports her, and that will help her with her son.

December 04 2010 at 8:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed

I am not surprised that liberals would have a hard time understanding Sarah's emotion about her son with Downs syndrome and would see it as fake. Downs syndrome children have a special place in Libworld--a trash can marked medical waste.

December 03 2010 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Ed's comment
wisepno

ed if anyone needs 2b choked it would b the goffball that would even repete that!

December 05 2010 at 12:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
patty

I like her and find her to be a sincere person. I suppose all you individuals who keep saying that she should go home and take care of her disabled child in private, also think just because I'm a disabled person, paralyzed from the waist down, I should not hold the executive position I do as a hospital administrator, nor should I have given birth to or be entitled to raising my child in the same fashion as 99.9% of all other working mother? After all, the likes of someone physically or mentally disabled, like myself, are second class citizens and not privy to all the good things in life like you "normal" people are. What a pathetic bunch of haters. Wouldn't it be ironic if you had something to really complain about.

December 02 2010 at 1:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeanie Butler

Personally I dont like her, but just my opinion. However, while watching a commercial for her show I found all I needed to to permenently decide I dont want her as a politition. She said I would much rather be out here free instead of being in a stuffy political office somewhere... My point is this if she thinks she wants to run for Prez it should and has to be most important goal she has.

December 01 2010 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Charli

Let me guess........ absolutely NOTHING!!!!

December 01 2010 at 3:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
berryfast

Palin knows how to work people...she's been called cold and hard...so now bring up your son with down's and try to get some pity...this woman needs to seek some mental help!!!!!!!

December 01 2010 at 10:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to berryfast's comment
skynana4

berryfast you need to read my post.

December 04 2010 at 11:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
highground

why thank you!

November 30 2010 at 5:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NYDIA

COMMENT BY NYDIA......I'm not sure if I should say "Poor Sarah Palin", or not. Reading between the lines, Jealousy screams loud and clear through most all the comments I've read so far...I'm sure most of the people who have submitted their comments have no clue, of the real Sarah Palin and her achievements..
by NFVL

November 30 2010 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to NYDIA's comment
Charli

NYDIA, Please explain to me and the rest of these people...... "What exactly is it that Sarah Palin has done for America?" What does she have that's making people so outrageously jealous of her?"

December 01 2010 at 3:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
renee

man there are many people on here thats been so fooled by that wacked out woman... and i use the word woman with a grain of salt... all she knows is twitter

November 30 2010 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply