April 18, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Is 'America's Next Top Model' Winner a Surprise? (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Dec 2nd 2010 4:50AM
Tyra Banks Announces Winner of 'America's Next Top Model'Cycle 15 of 'America's Next Top Model' (Wed., 8PM ET on CW) started with 14 models and narrowed it down to two: Ann Ward and Chelsey Hersley. Who would the judges choose -- the 6-foot-2 Texan or the blonde bombshell?

After Tyra Banks announced the Top Model, the winning contestant burst into tears. (The runner-up stood stoic and silent.) Meanwhile, was judge André Leon Talley wearing a shower curtain?

"Can you think about the people that made fun of you?" Tyra asked Ann. She answered, "There gonna look back and be like, 'Man, I should've been so nice to that girl.'"

Peachie

The theme of this season's show was "high fashion". Ann was definitely the most high fashion. Chelsey was beautiful, but very blah physically. And like one of the designers commented on the go-see's episode, her look is last season. Ann's brother is also very tall and skinny, so I seriously doubt she has an eating disorder. I guess I'm just saying, haters gonna hate.

December 08 2010 at 6:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anne

This is the first time I have ever watched any of this show and only caught the last four or five episodes. I have to admit to thinking Ann was the homliest of the six models I saw, but then they showed her photos and it seemed like a different person was revealed. Each time I thought someone was prettiest, they were voted out. I feel sorry for Chelsey inspite of being put off by her unattractive hubris. I hope she uses this experience to nurture some healthy humility to become a better person. Can't wait for my real reality addiction to begin a new season.....Project Runway.

December 02 2010 at 6:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynn

Did anyone else notice Ann's Adam's apple?

December 02 2010 at 4:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Meowie

I was hoping that Ann would win and that's not to say that Chelsey is ugly in any sense of the word but based on the challenge for this "cycle" of ANTM I felt that Ann was the best choice. This was a competition to appear in Italian Vogue and yes, Ann has a different "look." She didn't really blend in with any of the other competitors, she was awkward more often than not but sometimes it's the awkwardness about a person that is so unique that it can't be denied. When you look close, Ann is a very beautiful girl and as the program progressed I could see her blossom and learn from each shoot and felt that she rose to each challenge.she allowed us to see her vulnerable side. I believe that she will grow into her potential and will evolve into a successful model provided her fame does not go to her head. I don't always enjoy the cat fights and the immaturity of some of the contestants but will continue to watch the show. There is much to be learned from Tyra as she talks about some of the pitfalls and shares about some of the more difficult things she went through before she made it big. It's not all glitz and glamour. Success is never easy!

December 02 2010 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Meowie's comment
Lisa

I agree Meowie, Ann grew into the role and there is no denying she is a natural in front of the camera. I also thought she looked gorgeous last night. I was pulling for her.

December 02 2010 at 4:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jan Wodehouse

Model agencies are now advertising for models who are "edgy".....beauty doesnt work. 9 times out of l0, you would not look twice at most of these girls if you saw them on the street sans makeup. Jane was by far the prettiest....but, that doesnt count.

Ann is not anorexic....just in her genes to be tall and thin.....and she certainly has the edge.

December 02 2010 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mary

Anne's pixs were "pretty" BUT OMG she whined through all episodes..how is she going to handle the real modeling world...not this make believe models life. I hope she had a good assistant who can guide her, manage, her and give her solid advice like how about a burger....Chelsey you go girl

December 02 2010 at 1:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NikiZ

oh come the F on. this is why i stopped watching this show. i've discovered the formula. if u are the underdog, the unlikely winner, the one IN NEED of the boost given by the show. you will win. put two of these girls side by side, look at the one that seems like the underdog, pretend to the public that you chose her because of her "heart" and there you go. insta-model. yea i give this show another season at best. i use to be so into it. frekkin shame. this girl is beautiful but awkward! she talks like a frekkin frog is stuck in her throat and that frog is choking on a pen cap.

December 02 2010 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue

This is not a beauty pagant. This is the modeling world. I am so happy this young woman who has been a misfit most of her life won..We don't know if she is unhealthy. I was super skinny most of my life(I long for those days). I ate and ate but could not get to 100lbs in high school. I embrace all forms of beauty not just the 36-24-36 Barbie doll look. If fact that is boring in my eyes.

December 02 2010 at 12:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue

I am so glad this girl won. There are all forms of beauty and this girl has been a misfit all her life. We don't know if she is unhealthy. I was super skinny most of my life. I ate but was naturally skinny(I long for those days). High fashion is not the typical Barbie doll look. Accept and embrace all forms of beauty.

December 02 2010 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JD

Liz was the true beauty of this latest cycle. Absolutely stunning. If anyone should feel robbed, it's Liz.

December 02 2010 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply