April 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Could Major Spelling Mistake Cost 'Apprentice' Finalist the Win? (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Dec 3rd 2010 5:20AM
'Apprentice' Contestants Spells 'Liza Minnelli' WrongIt's standard practice that in 'The Apprentice' (Thu., 10PM ET on NBC) finale, several fired contestants return to help the two finalists in the last challenge.

[Spoiler alert.]

In part one of the finale, Clint heads up a dinner gala at the Trump National Golf Club. Liza Minnelli will be giving a special performance. Mahsa and Poppy peruse the event's posters: Minnelli's name is spelled wrong.

The next morning, Poppy then notices a second, far worse error. "'Liza Minnelli' wasn't just misspelled on the welcome poster. It was also on each and every individual place card that would go on the dinner tables," explains Poppy.

There's no way to fix it. The printing cost $4,000 and the team has $1,400 left. "That is the type of thing that you lose 'The Apprentice' for!" exclaims Mahsa. We'll see next week.

Bernice

I agree with Karen. With so much at stake I would have ensured the name was spelled correctly before even placing the order to the print shop. When I was a secretary and arranging events I made sure all the t's were crossed and i's dotted. Upon reviewing the list of guests if I found a name that did not appear to be spelled correctly I would ask (this was before google.) They should have taken extra measures to make sure the name was spelled correctly.

December 05 2010 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

A team who makes such a huge mistake should lose.

December 05 2010 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lori

I agree. It certainly was not fair for him to take Liza who happened to be the golf expert and not replace her. Plus he knew he took her most valuble asset as far as team support. It was like he was setting her up for failure. I was disappointed he did that.

December 05 2010 at 8:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kevinbgood621

Haven't watched a lick of this new season . This pony has run it's last race . Still love the Celeb edition and nothing can top Bret and his troubles that made for incredible TV .

December 05 2010 at 6:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

I watched this last night. Okay it is a huge mistake but we all make BIG mistakes and Clint has proven himself it's a big oopsy not worth him losing the win for. He is teh most qualified and can handle pressure. Be interesting to see how Trump handles this one. As for playing golf with one of the other team he should have waited until the contest was over. That was just WRONG for him to do that without replacing her.

December 03 2010 at 4:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply