September 2, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills': Kim Goes on a Very Bad Blind Date (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Dec 3rd 2010 2:45AM
'The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills': Kim Goes on a Very Bad Blind DateYou should never set up a friend on a blind date. Actually, you should maybe never set up anyone on a blind date; the potential for things going badly is so high. But Lisa Vanderpump goes ahead and breaks this rule on the new 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' (Thu., 10PM ET on Bravo).

Lisa sets her pal Kim Richards up with a 50-ish-looking English dude named Martin. Their first date takes place during a party at a 60,000 square-foot mansion, so that's nice. Everything thereafter goes less well. A fellow party-goer asks if the pair are on a date -- Kim thinks they are, Martin says they aren't. Never a good sign. Strike one.

Next, there's a discussion of what Martin's ideal blind date would look like: The answer being tall and brunette, which more accurately describes Kim's sister Kyle, whom Martin has met. Strike two. Kim then confesses to Martin that she married her first blind date, as his face tenses up in terror. Strike three.

Still, the night is young, and the blind date is going to be a long one. And things can't possibly get any worse, right? Will Kim manage to work things out?

Jen

Kim is definitely unstable. She's socially awkward and always seems to have this dazed , stupefied look.
When she speaks she's incapable of having an intelligent conversation. She's always slurring her words . Can alcohol or drugs be behind her slurred speech ?

Anyway this dimwit (who is not even a housewife) is totally useless in this show.

January 03 2011 at 12:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
yawn

I truly belive Kim would benefit from some anti-anxiety meds and some anti-depressants. She's struggling and needs help socially and they would help her out. If she IS on them already, I'd find another psychiatrist because whatever she's on isn't working! She doesn't need a man, she needs therapy and self-confidence. And burn the Fredrick's of Hollywood hooker looking dress. Not appropriate at all for a first date, or for a fortysomething woman in general. Yikes. Seriously.

December 27 2010 at 9:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lidia

I like Kim....i think she's wonderful....
On the contrary of Camille ...she's phony ...fake ...plastic.
Kyle is nice
Lisa she's also nice.
Adrienne is so strange....she looks like RU Paul the crossdresser.
Taylor is so fake.....plastic everywhere.

December 09 2010 at 12:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
berryfast

KYm should consider herself lucky...this guy is a total freak....gives me the creeps!!!!

December 05 2010 at 10:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tina

She made mistake and scare the guy when she said she married her first blind date....wrooooooong!!!!

December 04 2010 at 4:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tina

There was obviously not enough chemistry....she was too scare,uptight,he desire someone fun

December 04 2010 at 4:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
paisleyprincess7

Kim seems to be a little phobic in social situations. That being said, the exchange between her and Martin was uncomfortable, but predictable. I don't think she should take all the heat for an uneventful evening...Martin was aloof, eccentric and not much of a "catch."

December 04 2010 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tori

I love Kim, she was probably very nervous having everyone including cameramen,friends,family studying her like she was a science experiment. To have a date setup for you in front of so many people I would of freaked and she couldn't get any alone time with her date to even get to know him having her every move video taped. Give the woman a break, she's not dated in a long time and she herself has said she's uncomfortable being seen for herself and not doing an acting part. I think she's coming out of her shell slowly and should be given a chance. I'd like to see how well these haters would do in her shoes, I doubt any better!!!

December 03 2010 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pinkplease

"Well, when I was a child star, I would be set up on blind dates all the time..." LOL! She's fricken spastic and right up there as one of the worst housewives with Camille!

December 03 2010 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Susie

I dont know why, but she is unstable, insecure in a motherly kind of way. I mean I seem to want to mother her like its going to be ok little girl. LIke she didnt grow up out of the child star age, I dont know.
I think also she is so used to Kyle doing all the thinking she cannot do things on her own.

But I wouldnt say such mean things about her as Donna, heck all of us have a little bit of wierdness and issues, like completing a full sentence. Perhaps she is on medications that do that.

December 03 2010 at 12:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply