October 23, 2014

More Bad News for 'Life Unexpected': 'Complete Series' DVD Gets Release Date

by Jean Bentley, posted Dec 4th 2010 11:00AM
'Life Unexpected'This might be the final nail in the coffin, 'Life Unexpected' fans.

Although the CW show hasn't been officially canceled by the network -- a third season could be picked up in May, though the likelihood of that happening is slim -- another troubling piece of information has emerged.

According to the site TVShowsonDVD.com, Warner Home Video just announced the April 5 DVD release of 'Life Unexpected: The Complete Series.' The six-disc set will reportedly include every episode from both seasons, two featurettes, deleted scenes and a gag reel.

Couple that with star Kristoffer Polaha's CBS talent-holding deal, and we've got bleak news for 'LUX''s future.

When we spoke with star Britt Robertson last month, she said the mood on set still remained optimistic despite the network declining to pick up the show's back nine episodes. "There are so many people who love the show and are having such a great time on it that it's just made us fight harder to show The CW what they're missing out on," she said.

Tell us: Will you be sad to see 'Life Unexpected' canceled?

Tracy Dosio DeMichie

OMG!! YES, I will be very sad if Life Unexpected is canceled. I love that show.!! Please bring it back!!! Please, pretty please.

May 05 2011 at 6:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elizabeth Hopkins

Yet another reason im getting sick of the CW they have a great show with Life Unexpected and they are just cancelling it just like that but they keep crap shows like 90210 and One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl which I used to love but has gone way down hill... and now that they have moved hellcats they have nothing on wednesday again what kinda of since does that make... Dawn Ostroff the head exec at the CW sucks and needs to be fired right away... and if its a ratings thing then they need to take alot of the shows off the air OTH,GG,and 90210 all have low ratings and are still on the air so if Life Unexpected has to go then so do those 3 shows

January 30 2011 at 1:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jackiemariee

please please please don't tell me that they are cancelling this show!!! i tune in every week just to watch it. i've liked both seasons and like the twists and turns they are taking us. it'll be a shame to see it go.

December 28 2010 at 8:19 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
dianegunnels

Love this show! A very nice change from all of the police dramas and reality shows. It's always interesting and the story line is unique. Please don't cancel this show!

December 08 2010 at 3:22 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
Kayla

I will be extremely upset... Outraged probably.. This is the only show that I watch on TV!! If they don't air the last season they should atleast put them out on DVD as an unaired season.. I think those sales would be through the roof!! But I would LOVE to see the show come back for a 3rd season!!! Please Please Please bring the show back!!! :/

December 08 2010 at 12:47 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
kylie

I will be SOO upset if they end this show after this season. I can't handle this AND one tree hill being gone, at least it got 8 seasons in. If this happens, I will be left with one good show on the CW. Why not get rid of ridiculous reality shows instead of touching, great series? I really love these characters and would like them to get a well deserved ending. I dont see how they can conclude everything in the 2 hour finale of this season. Absolutely awful idea.

December 08 2010 at 12:06 AM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
jlynn

i think that everytime a good show comes on they take it off. the second season is so good and has some good story lines. its different then all the other cop shows and reality shows out there. it would be a shame to cancel this show

December 07 2010 at 10:08 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
eshosh

I really don't want this show to end! I love this show and it has to go on. There is something about it that just makes me want to watch it, and it's sooooo different from what is out there right now.

December 07 2010 at 10:05 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
darts9

Good show if you are 12
Worst writing I have seen in a long time

December 06 2010 at 11:44 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply
Pam

I've a friend who NEVER watches new shows as he doesn't want to get "hooked" and then disappointed by their demise. Will only start watching after a season or two of success. This is what makes it so difficult to get new shows off the ground, even if they are really new, innovative and interesting - let along entertaining - which is what TV is supposed to do!!

December 06 2010 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply