October 30, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

CBS 'Early Show' Becomes 'Mas Guapo' With Fake 'Staches (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Dec 7th 2010 12:15PM
Harry Smith rocks a mustache on the CBS 'Early Show'The CBS 'Early Show' (Weekdays, 7AM on CBS) gave a holiday gift suggestion this morning to help men become more handsome and macho. It's the age-old secret: just add a mustache, and perhaps a steely stare, as anchor Harry Smith adopted, and viola, you are 'Mas Guapo.' Even if your 'stache is a tad crooked.

What makes this particular mustache even more macho is that it comes free with a bottle of Mas Guapo seasoning, which would be used to spice up meat on the grill. Apparently, grilling meat with a mustache is an irresistible confluence of manliness. As one of the 'stache models said, "It makes you more of a man."

Really, it's a bargain for just ten bucks. Unless you're already macho, already have a mustache, and are comfortable cooking. Then you can save about eight bucks and just buy some Mrs. Dash.

Barbara I

I watch CBS during the weekday mornings: NBC during the weekends..I guess I will have to reverse my viewing patterns

December 15 2010 at 6:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emilia

Hey, edgaralen, not sure where you live, but the same--actually worse--kind of trash is watched in many other countries, like Italy, Spain, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, France--yes, the super-sophisticated frenchies too! You are quite misinformed to think this only happens in the US, pal!

December 08 2010 at 8:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emilia

"[...] anchor Harry Smith adopted, and viola, you are 'Mas Guapo.'" Excuse me, did I read... "viola"?! You mean, the guy played a viola? Unless you meant to write voilà...

December 08 2010 at 8:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
edgaralen

I can't believe the U.S. television viewing audience watches 'reality-based' programming as if:

a) It was real..?
b) It was about "anything"..?
c) the characters are 'stars'..?
d) there was nothing better "on"..?
e) their lives depended on the outcome..?
f) the show had subliminal messages..?
g) they are being 'graded' for participation..?
h) it was an 'out-of-body' xperience..?
i) et al...
I remember 'DALLAS' too...?!
Kinda shows you what we've evolved into.. dunnit??
Maybe we'll "wake-up"..? It can happen!..next year?

December 07 2010 at 6:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
V Mc

Re: Harry Smith, Maggie R. and Dave Price......I really enjoy these 3 and think they are great in their respective roles. Harry is a fabulous interviewer. I love his style. Maggie is sparkling, peppy and smart and great interviewer. Dave ads some humor to the mundane weather . I am angry that CBS is breaking up this team. I am a mature adult and appreciate mature presentation. I will miss them.

December 07 2010 at 6:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dickn2000b

Sad...really sad.

December 07 2010 at 6:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dave C

Harry Smith is such a Toadie! I really want to know..What is his appeal??!!

December 07 2010 at 4:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply