August 31, 2014

Fox Passes on 'Lie to Me' Full Season Order

by Chris Harnick, posted Dec 7th 2010 5:30PM
Tim Roth'Lie to Me' will not get a full season 3 order from Fox -- yet.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Fox has declined to pick up the back nine episodes of 'Lie to Me,' leaving it at a 13 episode season. However, last season the network ordered 22 episodes of the series starring Tim Roth and ended up airing 12 during the summer months.

Insiders close to the project have told media outlets just because the series hasn't received the order now, doesn't mean it never will.

The Fox series stars Roth as Dr. Cal Lightman, leader of a group of consultants who help investigations by using techniques to find out if people are telling the truth. Despite middling ratings, the series recently was included in Pirate Bay's Top 10 list of most pirated TV shows.

'Lie to Me' will air its last episode on Jan. 31, and 'The Chicago Code' will take its Mondays at 9PM ET time slot starting Feb. 7.

Tell us: Should Fox give 'Lie to Me' more time this summer?

italianicon13

PLEASE BRING BACK LIE TO ME!!!! IT is a GREAT show!. Isnt there anything we can do to save it?? I find it hard to believe that the ratings were low. Please bring it back.

November 15 2011 at 8:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
coloraojunior

please bring back to show....It is a wonder show......If you stop this show....I stop watching any show on Fox.....

May 16 2011 at 9:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ctmassage

If they take this show off im done! I just watched all of them on netflix and im hooked and they pull it! Hey, move to another network please

May 13 2011 at 8:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lori Rue Neikirk

Lie to me is the best show on TV! Are they crazy??? That is the end of Fox TV watching for me. . .

May 11 2011 at 7:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

Well, I guess no more fox tv....more time spent on USA and TNT....maybe lie to me should go to one of those networks. Seems thats where are the good shows end up! The networks dont realize what they have good until they lose it.. we love that show and ALL the cast members. Maybe fox can pick up another singing show to go with the others...try Monday thru Friday 7 to 11 pm, then maybe you'll lose all your viewers!

May 11 2011 at 6:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Angie

Omg!! Lie to me is one of the best shows I'm always looking forward of watching.. All the shows that are being cancell are way better than those reality shows... Now a days there is hardley anything good to watch on tv, because of the reality shows... Tv is starting to suck more!

May 11 2011 at 2:20 PM Report abuse +1 rate up rate down Reply
MKDNY1

Fox is getting dumber by the minute. lie to me is exceptional; Tim Roth doing tv, is a once in amillion shot. Whomver came up with this should be smacked.

March 10 2011 at 4:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna Kershner

RELLY ENJOYED ( LIE TO ME) WILL THE SHOW BE BACK? TRUELY HOPE SO.

March 08 2011 at 8:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
stinky82206

That's so f***ed up ..lie to me is an awesome show...don't cancel it...it will be a wicked stupid move by fox...

January 29 2011 at 9:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aberdeen

I'd be really bummed if LtM was canceled.

December 10 2010 at 10:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply