October 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Margaret Cho Addresses Her Controversial Bristol Palin 'DWTS' Blog Post (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Dec 7th 2010 1:30PM
Margaret Cho discusses Bristol Palin on 'Access Hollywood'Margaret Cho went on 'Access Hollywood Live' (Weekdays, syndicated) today to address her controversial blog post which alleged that Bristol Palin only went on 'Dancing With the Stars' to please her mother Sarah and make up for her part in the Republican loss in the 2008 election.

Cho's theory about the Palin's intentions was that, by appearing on 'Dancing,' Bristol could replace the public's memory of her teen pregnancy and instead begin to think of her as a wholesome, dancing celebrity. Therefore, the Palin family would be more electable in 2012.

Cho admitted the post was based on gossip, but as a stand-up comedian, she said she was just saying what she thought. She likes Bristol, but not her family's politics. And if Sarah Palin is going to run, Cho added, "I wish she would just admit it, because I want to stop it."

Cho added that she's friends with Bristol, and that she's angered by those who would criticize the young woman for her weight, saying "she looks beautiful out on the dance floor."

"I hated that when it happened to me," said Cho, "so I wanted to say, she's not fat, she's a beautiful girl."

jim

I guess freedom of speech exists only for subjects conservatives agree with.

December 12 2010 at 3:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SUSAN

In the article this story was written about, she definately did bash Bristol. In this video she is sort of retracting her statements. She says she didn't know if it was true and she didn't care, why is it if I call someone a fag, or gay or the n word, that's a hate crime, but if you stand up and lie about people, that's OK????

December 11 2010 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SUSAN

Hey Cho, "I didn't know if it was true, I didn't care." How disgusting you are. If it was true or not , you didn't care, If it hurt Bristol, you didn't care. And then the stupid statement you made, "if Sarah Palin is going to run for president, I want to stop it" Do you really think a fat, ugly, comedian want to be from China can stop her. This is the USA. I doubt if even the Palin Haters would humor your chinese politics. Go back to China and tell them who to vote for. They would laugh you off the air for being stupid enough to even think you could have some some influence on anybody's decisions.

December 11 2010 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
baichansam

Yeah Palins. They use the F****t word because they mean it. They don't try to be politically correct. They call Obama a Boy; they travel first class and get to stay in first rate hotels they don't have to pay for, and even get babysitting paid for. Let me see-What would this make people, oh yeah JEALOUS. I would love to be able to call people what they are without critism. I give you my word, more of us are going to vote in 2010 because we never thought Oblackma would ever get in the White House. Now we know and you'll see us coming out of the woodworks to vote 2012. Not more mistakes.

December 10 2010 at 7:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Collin Madden

Tell me who this creepy looking woman is and why I should care what she thinks about anyone, anytime....anywhere????

December 10 2010 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jwoolman

Cho didn't bash Bristol, on the contrary she said very friendly things about her. I wonder if people saying otherwise just didn't bother reading her blog.

I suspect she might be right about the motivation - everything's political to Sarah. If it really wasn't true, Bristol herself could have posted a short "No, I really wasn't pushed..." and that would be the end of it. Instead, Sarah's PR team wrote a long post that was so obviously not Bristol's writing. She doesn't speak like that, she doesn't write like that. I wonder if she even knows all the words used - they were almost unfamiliar even to me, and I'm a lot older. It doesn't even sound generationally accurate - the writer was obviously much older by probably a couple of decades. Seems like Sarah wanted Bristol to post a response that Bristol doesn't agree with, so someone else did it for her. Bristol gets used a lot by her mom.

December 09 2010 at 12:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pants on the ground

oh no ...a chinease Oprah.....hide the twinkies

December 08 2010 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KellyinCali

Hey Margaret, What's the difference between you "gossiping" aka spreading lies and Star magazine or OK or any other gossip rag? It's more hurtful when it comes from someone you know personally. If you truly do "like" Bristol, then apologize. You were wrong. I don't understand why Bristol Palin, who has clearly stood up against her mother (ie, teen pregnancy, engagement to Loser Levi, etc.) is being bashed. If you all hate her mother as much as you profess, you should all be embracing her for doing the opposite of what her mother expects of her.

December 08 2010 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon

hey Maggie, you maybe wanna sanna-wich?

December 08 2010 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gloria Dennen

Who remembers Margaret Cho's profession? She is a standup comdedienne, a story teller, an entertainer.
Her stock in trade is irony tinged with a touch of sarcasm. She doesn't have to believe what she says, nor does anyonelse. She doesn't pretend to be other than what she is: an entertaining storyteller for adults. And you are~~~~?

December 08 2010 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply