September 18, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Tom Arnold: Took No Money in Roseanne Divorce, She 'Saved My Life' (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Dec 7th 2010 5:25AM
Tom Arnold Talks Roseanne Barr on 'Chelsea'When visiting 'Chelsea Lately' (weeknights, 11PM ET on E!), Tom Arnold talked openly -- and positively -- about ex-wife Roseanne Barr. "How much money did you get from Roseanne [in the divorce]? Are you allowed to talk about that?" asked Chelsea Handler.

"It's public record: None," answered Arnold. "It was a choice because, you know, I had step-kids, and I wanted to be able to look myself in the mirror in a few years ... The truth is the woman, you know, she saved my life ... It's not that I'm such a super-duper nice guy, it's just the right thing to do."

nancybee

And another thing. Go back and do some research about all the nasty things he said about her after their divorce. Roseanne recently said on her website that he had better stop talking about her. I think he was afraid of her so he goes on tv and lies and says he didn't get anything which is a big lie. Roseanne is also embarrassed that he screwed her over big time. She didn't make that same mistake with her last husband. I think she had a prenup with him.

December 07 2010 at 7:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nancybee

Tom Arnold is a damn liar! And why he is lying about this at this late date is beyond understanding. You are right Tom. It IS public record. You got over 50 MILLION DOLLARS because Roseanne married you without a prenup. He is embarrassed because people have been talking alot in the last year about how much these people got. You don't think he is living in Beverly Hills because of his acting career. Give me a break.

December 07 2010 at 7:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sherylynne

Not exactly the "right thing to do" to cheat on her with her personal assistant after she saved your life. And, by the way, your acting "ability" did not come even close to the rest of the cast of "Roseanne." Clearly, she gave you a role on the show and allowed you directorial input out of love. A gift you rewarded her by embarassing her and disrespecting the marriage. No need to tell us your not a "super-duper guy." You proved that years ago.

December 07 2010 at 12:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Sherylynne's comment
Making11s

You right. People don't change. People don't mature. People cannot seek redemption. Your worldview is a sad one.

He acknowledges his mistakes, and tried to do the right thing. Why be bitter about a relationship that wasn't your own?

December 07 2010 at 1:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
getreal13

Sherlynne, are we bitter; sure does sound like it. Poor little baby, tell us allllll about it.

December 07 2010 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I was never a Tom Arnold fan, but I smiled at what he said. What a nice guy. Then I read the positive comments here - yes, actually POSITIVE comments. What a day.

December 07 2010 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Renee

I like Tom Arnold, however I think he took alot of her money when they were married and spent it on coke. I know he is clean and sober now, but when they were married he was an addict. Where did the money come from to support his habit?

December 07 2010 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Renee's comment
The Deej

I believe he is well aware of what happened during the marriage which I am sure played a part in his decision not to take any money.

December 07 2010 at 12:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
beninrb

A class act.

December 07 2010 at 9:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
baily

I have the highest respect for for you as a person. well done Tom. :) I think when you put people over money there's nothing that feels better. God bless you over and over again.

December 07 2010 at 9:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply