July 30, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Donny Osmond Bounces Off the Walls on 'GMA' (VIDEO)

by Nick Zaino, posted Dec 8th 2010 1:05PM
Donny and Marie Osmond on 'Good Morning America'Donny Osmond must have an internal source of energy that most humans do not possess. He and his sister Marie visited 'Good Morning America' (Weekdays, 7AM on ABC) today to promote 'Donny and Marie: A Broadway Christmas,' and Donny's effusive, seemingly boundless spirit could not be contained.

Corny one-liners flowed freely. "We give them soup to nuts," he said of the Christmas show's content. "She's soup and I'm nuts! I got a million one-liners today, baby!"

"He doesn't take anything, either," offered Marie. Danny noted that he doesn't even drink caffeine, before shouting and pumping his fists with exuberance. Host Robin Roberts then showed a photo of Justin Bieber side-by-side with a shot of Donny in his teen idol prime, at which point Osmond jokingly accused Bieber of stealing his hair style.

Still pumped up at the end of the segment, Donny couldn't simply drop a coat in the bin for a charity coat drive, he tossed it in from three-point range. If you want to see the Broadway show, you might want to do so soon, before Mr. Osmond explodes.

Linda

People want to hang labels or point an accusing finger at those who are high-energy or project positive energy. This brother and sister have seen each other at their best and worst; they come from a large, close-knit family. A rarity these days. Nothin' 'wrong' with either Osmond! Relax, y'all.
Blue Kentucky Girl

December 09 2010 at 7:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ronald Colbert

It seems to me, they have enough plastic work done between them to create a lego village. What happen to growing old gracefully? Hope plastic doesn't bio-degrade.

December 08 2010 at 7:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Ronald Colbert's comment
rob r

They are only around 50, my age. I look good with no plastic surgery and I'm sure they have taken much better care of their bodies than I have. Supposedly they don't drink, smoke, or take drugs so it's no wonder they both look great. Many older people actually look better than when they were younger.

December 09 2010 at 11:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

It's so nice to see that Marie can joke around so soon after her son's suicide.

December 08 2010 at 7:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lois Ann

I had the pleasure of seeing all nine of the Osmonds in concert at the Kennedy Center in 1978. [Tom & Virl were interpreting for deaf audience members during their show.] I remember the batons, Crazy Horses & dry ice figured prominently during their standing-room-only performance. At six, it was my first concert and my sisters & I loved it.

December 08 2010 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
AnneT

Don't regconize it? That's what a happy person looks like! Go Osmonds!

December 08 2010 at 5:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ralph

America LOVES THE OSMONDS. They are so wholesome and talented. Plus they have a deep love of Jesus Christ as their personal savior just as we all should. God bless America.

December 08 2010 at 3:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KitKat

I think hes cute, i love his energy, geeze at our age, its nice to see

December 08 2010 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jaba

Little "Donny" hasn't matured very much, has he? I'm not convinced that he's NOT on anything! Especially, since his sister has to comment that he's NOT!

December 08 2010 at 2:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to jaba's comment
pal

Ok, you're pretty funny but...

Hasn't matured? Bull. He's been through a lot. He's just having fun here and the crowd's enjoying it.

I'll take genuine playfulness over "mature" posturing any day. He's giving people a little levity and uplift in their lives... and who couldn't use that? So what if his jokes are corny... there's value even in that.

December 08 2010 at 7:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply