October 24, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Matchmaker' Millionaire Taunts Date with Fermented Duck Embryo (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Dec 8th 2010 7:45AM
David Taunts Date on 'Millionaire Matchmaker'On 'The Millionaire Matchmaker' (Tue., 9PM ET on BRAVO), David decides to make his date as uncomfortable as possible under the guise of testing her taste. At a restaurant, he orders them uni (sea urchin) shooters and then Balut, i.e., fermented duck embryo.

"My plan is to test her palette and ... see just how refined she is," David explains. When she refuses to, er, drink the uni, the millionaire tells her, "You can, and you will." She pushes the embryo away as well.

"When you made this like whole date, did you think I was going to like it, or you just thought what you wanted?" she inquires. Clearly, the latter.

AdrianaG

No doubt this guy sabotaged himself! The girl was perfect. I too challenge Patti to help this guy, not toss him like a used Kleenex.

January 08 2011 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
opihi

I can't believe this clip ... the girl behaved so nicely and this guy was a complete jackass. His money has to be his only asset. He's butt ugly, has a horribly arrogant manner and clearly had no idea how to dress for his "high class" dinner. A pale blue shirt with open droppy collar under a charcoal jacket. Ugh ... there wouldn't be enough money iin the world to sit through an eveniing with him. And testing for "wife" material??? He'd be better off "buying" a desperate (and obedient) young foreign girl ... his chances in America look bleak.

December 09 2010 at 2:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Big D

Yes Lynz, you are crazy. He is, and will most likely always be an ***hole. Therapy doesn't work on ***holes, because their heads are stuck so far up there that they can't absorb any help.

December 08 2010 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Big D's comment
Lynn

Obviously BIG D- you have the answers, however, there is a lot to this man's history we do not know. Compansion is a good word- if that is crazy, so be it. Sorry you or someone elses experiences with therapy have not been helpful- ever think another therapist might be helpful? Hope is another good word- It is so easy to make judgments of others, instead of recognizing that we are projecting onto others what we do not WANT to see in ourselves. sorry

December 09 2010 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kayla

both guys were creepy on that show last night, and Patti is still way too disrespectful and mouthy. No wonder she has had her staff leave her, since I started watching two of them quit on her. That guy Destin and his girlfriend don't add to the show at all, and the girlfriend has to lose that awful hairdo

December 08 2010 at 7:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
T

I saw the episode with my kids and wife. First he shows up with his brother, who looks just like him and then he makes these strange faces like a killer. Obviously this guy is the product of a strange family where the mother was king and controlled all. He even made a reference to her. It is really disburbing to see people who are really so socially awkward and inept where they have to turn into creeps. I think this guy was put on the show for the response that they got.

December 08 2010 at 5:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynn

I have NEVER felt more sincere regret for a fellow's "first date". The girl was lovely and first class in handling a difficult situation. I somewhat fault Patti (whom we love & enjoy) to have not seen what was coming. He is obviously in need of tons of help, patience and kindness. He is in a lot of inner pain, great uncertainity about himself. In some respect, he slmost seemed to take steps in driving anyone away who might give him a chance or was reacting before being rejected.
Here is the challenge!! It would be amazing, if Patti could have him return, provide all the needed care and lessons, therapy- then return to the show. I know everyone here must think I am crazy- but I felt soooo sory for him- It was truly painful. (can't spell) sorry-
Lynz2727

December 08 2010 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Lynn's comment
Big D

Sorry Lynn, I'm a realist. Obviously, your a democrat. Probably work in social services. You believe that all humans are basically good and if not, it's not they're fault. No, I know no one in therapy and do not use it myself. I believe that I know myself better than any therapist. If I have issues, I self evaluate and adjust accordingly. Only I am responsible for how I act or feel. I truely hope you continue to try and help people, but please don't run for office.

December 09 2010 at 7:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynn

Hey there BIG D :) Good for you- I mean it- No, I do not work in social services, which I had the capabilities. and above all,I am NOT a Democrat :) All I have to say, your second notation sounded more human and I bet you could stand up to anybody. ok :)

December 09 2010 at 8:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Reb

I would have stood up, smacked him silly, and walked away.

December 08 2010 at 1:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Duderotomy

Multi-Million dollar dork.

December 08 2010 at 11:35 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mkiatotx

Well, HE didn't pass the test. What a jerk!

December 08 2010 at 9:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply