September 18, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'The Biggest Loser': A Tearful Pause Before the Finale, As Ada Returns Home (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Dec 8th 2010 8:30AM
'The Biggest Loser': A Tearful Pause Before the Finale, As Ada Returns Home"Too long a sacrifice/ Can make a stone of the heart." The poet William Butler Yates wrote these words. On the new 'Biggest Loser,' we witnessed some different ideas of sacrifice. And in the end, we saw some tears. Welcome to the Final Four.

On tonight's episode (Tue., 9PM ET on NBC), the last four players went home to see their families. All season long, we have heard stories about Ada Wong's cruel treatment at the hands of her parents. She was the only 'Loser' who didn't get a video message, or have her family come to see her -- but that barely scratches the surface of the problems Ada has faced. Her parents have also blamed her for the death of her baby brother -- who drowned while swimming in a kiddie pool.

Ada was just a child at the time, but was present at the event. Ms. Wong's parents have said they wished she had died in her sibling's place. As a result of this abuse, she turned to food for comfort -- and began gaining weight. Now, Ada returned home to confront her mother and father. "I just want them to be proud of me," she said. How did it go?

As we mentioned, there were tears. Ada's mom was genuinely regretful, saying this: "I didn't know you were so unhappy." At first, Mr. Wong was distant, stating that he hadn't been pleased when Ada was overweight. The father and the daughter had different ideas of what sacrifice meant. Ada felt that hiding her own emotions was the right thing to do. Meanwhile, her dad may have sacrificed a chance to bond with his daughter, based on his fear that Ada's appearance could negatively affect her life. In the end, though, he said this: "I love you very much. After you left, I thought about you all day long."

Elsewhere on the show, the remaining players took part in a marathon. Ada and Elizabeth Ruiz got the two lowest scores -- with only three spots available on the finale, one of them will be voted out. The show's viewers will have to decide who deserves it more.

Bob

She got fat by opening her mouth too much, period!

December 08 2010 at 6:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dalys

People are a lot different when it comes to emotions. My best friend has parents just like Ada's, if I could I would have taken her away from that house a long time ago.

December 08 2010 at 6:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joanne

I thought Ada was wonderful throughout the season. Her mother's sadness was genuine and heart-wrenching! I felt that the father's emotional distance was cultural. But why I am logging on is more because I am OUTRAGED that when I tried to vote for Ada online (because as much as I love the show,there is no way I am paying those rich folk $.99 to vote). FORTY MINUTES AFTER THE SHOW ENDED, THE WEBSITE WAS STATING THAT VOTING WAS CLOSED!!! Now is there anyone else out there think that there are some kind of illegalities occuring???? And by the way, Elizabeth is a joke...and only left on the show because all the (supposed) non- game players know she poses no threat at all to them!!

December 08 2010 at 5:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katie

I can't STAND Ada. Yes, it was terrible how she was treated however that is considered "normal" in their culture. She whined and cried all the way through, "Oh, poor me", "Nobody loves me"
GET OVER IT! We ALL have slights and wrongs done to us in our lives and most of us learn how to get on with life.
Of course, I am really getting sick of this show because the always are pitting men against women for weight loss. Women are physiologically unable to lose as much weight as men and keep it off because we are the child bearers. Don't give me that crap about the percentages. IT'S JUST NOT A FAIR COMPETITION!

December 08 2010 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ML

I STILL THINK THAT FOR HER OWN PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL HEALTH THAT SHE WILL HAVE TO DISOWN AND STAY AWAY FROM HER PARENTS. THE LOOK ON HER
FATHER'S FACE WAS ENOUGH TO SCARE ANYONE AND HE DIDNT LOOK LIKE HE MEANT WHAT HE SAID ABOUT HIM THINKING ABOUT HER. HE REALLY CAN'T HELP
IT, BEING RAISED IN AND BRAINWASHED BY A COMMUNIST COUNTRY, BUT SHE DOESNT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH HIS ATTITUDE. I HAD TO DO THE SAME TO MY PARENTS WHEN THEY SAID THAT WHEN I GOT RAPED BY KNIFEPOINT THAT I SHOULD HAVE LET THEM KILL ME RATHER THAN HAVING MY VIRGINITY TAKEN AWAY, THAT I WOULD BE SPOILED FOR MARRIAGE. I AM PROUD OF WHAT ADA HAS ACCOMPLISHED AND WISH HER LUCK THAT EVERYTHING GOOD WILL COME HER WAY IN HER LIFE.

December 08 2010 at 4:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply