July 28, 2014

Larry Hagman to Guest on 'Desperate Housewives,' Mandy Patinkin Joins 'Homeland' and More

by Chris Harnick, posted Dec 9th 2010 7:00PM
Larry HagmanNostalgic TV fans, look no further than 'Desperate Housewives' to satisfy the urge to see veteran actors ham it up. The latest addition to the ABC soap? Larry Hagman.

The 'Dallas' star, who was last seen on U.S. airwaves in 'Nip/Tuck' back in 2006, will play the new beau of Polly Bergen's character, Stella Wingfield.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Hagman will appear in early 2011. Hagman said he's never seen the series. "I can watch a hundred episodes on my iPad," he told the Hollywood Reporter. "I never watch television, so I better get started so I can see what the show's all about."

In other TV news ...

Mandy Patinkin has joined the pilot cast of 'Homeland.' Claire Danes has also secured a role in the Showtime series about the CIA. [Deadline Hollywood]

Ashley Williams has replaced Eliza Dushku in TNT's 'Bird Dog.' Gerald McRaney will play her father and new police partner. [Deadline Hollywood]

Ke$ha and Taio Cruz will perform live on 'Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2011.' The two will perform in Times Square. [ABC]

Remember that awesome viral video with celebrities "singing" 'Let It Be'? Well, the host explains how and why it was created and why it has been taken down from YouTube. [Vulture]

Tim mathis

Show takes too many breaks. They are on for 2 weeks then off for 2. Soap operas are on daily. Why cant a once a week show be on once a week with a new episode each week?

December 12 2010 at 8:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kristina

and, wow! I didn't know they still make ignorant jerks like Andy. How old are you anyway, dude? 14?

December 12 2010 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kristina

I am surprised to learn that this show is still on the air, or that anyone watches it. I work in a place where we talk about nearly every show on television .. some you never heard of or simply wouldn't believe could exist .. but never once has anyone said anything about this show. I wondered who was a big enough has-been to actually take a role on the show .. and now I know.

December 12 2010 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
STEPHANIE

Wait until you are older. You will see it may take a few more pieces of wood to make the fire burn longer, but the fireplace still warms the body... Enjoy getting older Andy.

December 12 2010 at 4:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
andy

I'm with him I never watch TV anymore, especially housewives since they got sexual... nothing creeps me out more than old women trying to sexy.. it's all vanity on the part of the actresses, and really I don't know who buys it I sure don't!!

December 12 2010 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to andy's comment
Holly

Here's news for you, Andy. Women don't stop being sexual as they age or sexy. These actresses are less vain than the old actors who have been constantly paired in sexual situations with women half their age. Guess you're destined to be a cradle-robber who deludes himself into thinking a younger woman is really interested in him sexually and not his money.

December 12 2010 at 5:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

Oh goody.

Ladies and Gentlemen, place your bets now.

How long will it take before Mandy Patinkin quits THIS show too?

December 10 2010 at 10:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

"Ashley Williams has replaced Eliza Dushku..."

Guess that rules out her return as Victoria on How I Met Your Mother. I had hoped the 'day of a wedding' might finally bring back our favourite cake maker.

December 09 2010 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe

"Ashley Williams has replaced Eliza Dushku"?

Damn it. I guess that means she won't be returning as Victoria on HIMYM. I hoped the 'day of the wedding' might bring back our favourite cake-maker...

December 09 2010 at 8:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply