July 29, 2014

Jillian Michaels to Leave 'Biggest Loser' After Season 11

by Chris Harnick, posted Dec 10th 2010 11:00AM
Jillian MichaelsAfter nearly six years, Jillian Michaels is preparing to exit NBC's 'The Biggest Loser.'

The trainer made the announcement on her Twitter account earlier this week. "Season 11 of Biggest Loser will be my last :) have to finish out my contract."

According to E! Online, the reality show star wants to focus on starting a family. In conversation with fans on Twitter, Michaels said, "I want to take a year off TV and focus on becoming a mommy and doing more charity work."

Filming her summer reality series 'Losing It With Jillian' prompted her desire to start a family. " Shooting 'Losing It' also had big impact on me," Michaels said on Twitter. "Living with kids I saw first hand what I was missing."

The 'Biggest Loser' star recently told the public she cannot get pregnant due to endometriosis and Polycistic Ovarian Syndrome. In April, she told Women's Health she planned on adoption.

Michaels has been with 'The Biggest Loser' since day one in 2004. Shes used her fame to launch video games, books, DVDs, iPhone apps and a bevvy of other projects.

A replacement 'The Biggest Loser' trainer has already been hired, Michaels confirmed on Twitter. Look for her to start work in season 11 to make the transition easier.

Update: According to the Live Feed, NBC will announce the new trainers next week. The network is introducing two new faces in what is described as a "twist." No word on how many trainers season 12 will have.

Tell us: Are you sad to see Jillian go?

Angela

I am really sad to see Jillian leave. WHile she is tough and her methods maybe unconventional she really get through to the contestants. She's there to help them save their lives. She is a tough trainer and will be greatly missed. I wish her all the best in starting a family. I feel for her condition preventing her from having her own children. JILLIAN I LOVE YOU AND WILL MISS YOU. I myself plan to tryout for an upcoming season and would have loved/feared to be paired with Jillian. Bob is still there to kick butt and I can't wait to see the new trainers.

December 15 2010 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rick

Nice pant suite, she is gay !!!

December 15 2010 at 8:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janice

I am sad to see Jillian leave the show yes she worked the people out hard but that is what was needed best of luck to jillian and i hope to see her back in the future

December 10 2010 at 8:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janet C

I love Jillians approach! She is great at what she does and she has toned down a little bit over the years! My thought is, is there a Mr. Michaels? I know a lot of celebs think that it's a snap to raise a kid on your own but it works out so much better when there is a mommy and a daddy!

December 10 2010 at 7:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dale

being a JARHEAD(Marine), I've always said she more than likely make the Drill Instructors cry. Semper Fi Jillian and good luck.

December 10 2010 at 7:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Katie

I stopped watching the show after Jillian's increasingly abusive manner toward contestants clearly under the premise that the yelling and aggression will help the already physically and emotionally downtrodden people long term.

December 10 2010 at 7:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dee

hopefully it wont be kim.

December 10 2010 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gail

I will MISS JILLIAN very, very much. She's the main reason I watch the show. She makes me laugh!! Good luck Jillian.
Sadly,
Gail

December 10 2010 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sarah

I am disappointed that she is leaving. However, didn't she leave once before? I thought she left then came back again, and there were 3 trainers?

December 10 2010 at 5:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beverly

I will miss Jillian - there is a reason these people are on Biggest Loser and maybe they need some one like Jillian to scare them into the possibility that they will die if they keep doing what they are doing. Also the comment about her being gay - not quite sure what that has to do anything plus she would make a great mom to an adoptive child.

December 10 2010 at 5:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply