April 16, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Kathy Griffin Addresses Accusations of 'Bullying' Bristol Palin (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Dec 10th 2010 8:40AM
Kathy Griffin, Chelsea Handler Talk Bullying vs. ComedyKathy Griffin received widespread criticism (and publicity) earlier this week after U.S. soldiers booed her over a Bristol Palin joke during 'VH1 Divas: Salute the Troops.' The comedienne had said Palin was seemingly the "only contestant in the history of ['Dancing With the Stars'] to actually gain weight" during the show. She then compared Palin to a "white 'Precious.'"

Griffin addressed the outcry -- in particular, Elisabeth Hasselbeck's assertion that Griffin was "bullying" Palin -- on 'Chelsea Lately' (weeknights, 11PM ET on E!). "There's a big difference between being a comedian and bullying. It's our job, it's what we do."

"You're absolutely right," said the host. "I don't take anything I say seriously ... Bullying is being a bully to someone who's defenseless -- a poor little person who's done nothing wrong, not the people who are a--holes."

Nina

WAH WAH, Kathy called me a big fat Precious... :-( . Go back to Wasilla, then if you don't like it!... Dumbass.

December 12 2010 at 8:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shell

I have never heard of Chelsea before and will avoid hearing from her in the future, just as I will Kathy Griffin, and while I am at it just as I will avoid Barbara Walters, Joy Behar, Whoopie, sheri and anyone else whose mouth gets in the way of manners and intelligence. They don't like to shut up and listen!

December 12 2010 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steve-a-rino

It's pointless for two classless, crass pigs like these to "apologize" or even discuss anything mainstream. They are just Howard Stern wannabes who, without the trash task, have absolutely no substance. I'm sure they have a huge fan base (mostly middle-school level minds) but They certainly won't be elected or invited to anything that matters. I would love to see these two (actually talented) slugs turn around and start telling jokes that don't have fuck, suck, dick, cunt and all the other sleaze words attached.

December 12 2010 at 10:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael West

Kathy Griffin & Chelsea Handler are both mental & moral midgets, yet they diminish in size whenever they open their ugly mouths.

December 11 2010 at 10:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wil

I keep hearing this "homophobic" term thrown around,which is rediculous,I know of no one that "fears" gays.I's really more like homogustus.

December 11 2010 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wil

Face it,the most hateful,intolerant people on the planet are the PC liberals.Of course,being well-versed in Orwell's doublethink, and doublespeak,to them it's always anyone that disagrees with their self-serving agendas.Griffin is no different.

December 11 2010 at 12:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
R.T.Bell

Its sad when you think about it, to make a living by makeing someone else unhappy as this bitch does. She could do as well by makeing a little fun of the girl why does she need to go for the juglar? Sad sad

December 11 2010 at 11:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ray

This is probably the best example of the old saying "it takes one to know one".

December 11 2010 at 9:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pat

Also this attitude a lot of celebrities have recently, I support the troops, but they're all uneducated dolts who are republicans. If Cathy Griffin burst into flames I wouldn't use my urine to put out the fire. I'd just stand there and say "first of all that's hillarious"

December 11 2010 at 9:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pat

A. Cathy has always been a pig.
B. She married to an ENORMOUS guy. One that makes other fat people look petite.
C. Telling fat jokes like this and then turning around and calling others haters is the real joke here.

December 11 2010 at 8:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply