Brandon Mychal Smith Might Leave 'Skating With the Stars,' Ethan Hawke in Talks to Join Fox Pilot and More
Smith was rushed to the hospital after falling ill while practicing for last Monday's episode, and TMZ reports that his mystery illness will force him to drop out of the competition tonight.
However, an ABC representative wouldn't confirm anything when Zap2it called for a statement, only saying "Brandon Mychal Smith will he appearing on tonight's 'Skating with the Stars' on ABC. He will update viewers on his health and whether he will be able to finish the competition."
In other TV news ...
• 'The Good Wife' is planning an episode inspired by 'The Social Network.' A young tech billionaire will hire Will to represent him when a movie version of his life depicts him in an unflattering light. [Movieline]
• Ethan Hawke is in talks to star in the potential Fox pilot 'Exit Strategy.' The actor would star as the team leader of a group of operatives deployed to extract CIA agents when missions go bad. Hawke would also produce. [Deadline]
• Don Cheadle has signed on to play the lead in a new dark comedy for Showtime. 'House of Lies' is based on the book 'House of Lies: How Management Consultants Steal Your Watch and Tell You the Time.' [The Hollywood Reporter]
• Oprah Winfrey, Halle Berry, Jeff Bridges, Sandra Bullock and Marisa Tomei will present at February's Academy Awards ceremony. The Oscars are scheduled to air on the 27th, and the nominations will be announced on Jan. 25. [TV Guide]
• 'The Blind Side' star Quinton Aaron will guest star in an episode of 'One Tree Hill.' Aaron will play a classmate in Nathan's business course who bonds with the former pro basketball player about being a student athlete. [Movieline]
• Former Food Network host Juan-Carlos Cruz was sentenced to nine years in prison. The 48-year-old tried to hire two homeless men to kill his wife. [E! Online]