July 25, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'The Amazing Race' Season Finale -- Who Are the Winners? (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Dec 13th 2010 5:32AM
'The Amazing Race' Season Finale -- Who Are the Winners? Well, everything must come to an end. After four continents and 30 different countries, this season of 'The Amazing Race' (Sun., 8PM ET on CBS) came to a halt. To reach the finish line, the teams had to cover over 32,000 miles. (For comparison's sake, circling the entire globe is only a 22,000-mile journey.)

The last three teams consisted of home-shopping hosts Brook and Claire, doctors Nat and Kat, and boyfriend/girlfriend couple Thomas and Jill. For the final episode, the teams left South Korea, and headed to Los Angeles. And our winners were ...

... Nat Strand and Kat Chang! Their road to victory included some twists and turns. The last challenge involved unraveling clues to determine the final LA-based location. The clues were these: 1) "I am Sancho Panza's master"; 2) "I am the place to hear the Symphony in the Glen"; 3) "Monroe's year of the itch."

None of the contestants had heard of "Don Quixote" (truly, the American educational system has failed us here). This led to Thomas yelling these words at a taxi driver: "I just need to know who Sancho Panza's master is!!!" This didn't work, but it was kind of the funniest thing ever. The final address was this -- Stage 7 at Quixote Studios in Griffith Park. (Congrats to you if you figured it out.)

Nat and Kat reached the location first, then raced through one last quiz -- naming all eleven people who met them at Pit Stops on the show. As the first female pair to win the series, they were both pretty excited --- bouncing up and down and screaming. Nat and Kat stayed upbeat throughout the entire contest ... and they made it to the end as true teammates. Next, after their win, host Phil Keoghan announced the format for the upcoming season; which was "Unfinished Business," featuring former All-Stars.

What did you think of the doctors' win? Are you looking forward to the next season of 'Amazing Race'?

Don F Schupp

What I had commented about was, after 4 Continents, 40 Countries and 32,000 miles. Tha cabbies in LA didn't understand English enough to get them to the finish line........................

December 13 2010 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Don F Schupp

I guess my comment about the cabbies not understanding ENGLISH in AMERICA (LA) wasn't deemable to be on the comments...............

December 13 2010 at 7:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PR1NCEFAN

I am so happy for these two ladies. I had my fingers crossed for you. Good Job!!!

December 13 2010 at 5:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vipul & Arti: season 10

If the show were rigged, they would have kept us in longer so we could've made it a few episodes further when they went to India; our native country. The producers even said "we wish you two made it to India." America needs to discover that there's a beautiful world outside of the U.S., filled with amazing people and cultures. Americans have to stop watching retarded shows like American Idol, Real Housewives & Jersey Shore.

December 13 2010 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vipul & Arti: season 10

To all the Amazing Race haters. We were on season 10, and it is not rigged. It is the ultimate experience; & all of it is real. It is the greatest reality-competition show on TV anywhere in the world. And according to TV demographic studies: The people that watch the Amazing Race tend to be more educated than the others.

December 13 2010 at 2:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sharon

I was cheering for Thomas and Jill.. brooke and claire.. that voice drove me nuts.. 2 surgeons.. yea they really need the money.. adn to me thir confidence was alsmost errogance..wasnt impressed with the looks of next seasons returning "Previous players" may skip it all together..

December 13 2010 at 2:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kasey

Yes I so wanted Nat and Kat to win. They did a great job and this is one reality show that is real. Congratulations ladies.!!

December 13 2010 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
krhmomrn

I didn't watch this year as I didn't find ANY of the contestants endearing! My fav recently were the 2 Harlem Globe trotters ....I want to watch nice, average people not hunky weight lifter Yoga instructor beauty queen types...

December 13 2010 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robert Flockhart

the producers wanted the women to win, so they made all the challengers were made so the women could win.

December 13 2010 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
REESE

Wohoo! My fellow anesthesia lady docs rocked!

December 13 2010 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply