November 29, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

Jerry, Anne and Ben Stiller Attempt Charades on 'Late Night' (VIDEO)

by Aimee Deeken, posted Dec 16th 2010 6:35AM
Jerry Stiller Plays Charades on 'Late Night'Jimmy Fallon must've thought the Stiller family would ace a game of charades on 'Late Night' (weeknights, 12:37AM ET on NBC). Jerry Stiller and wife Anne Meara could use their comedy and improv skills against Fallon and son Ben Stiller, actors/funnymen in their own right.

But Jerry abandoned the main element of charades: acting. For 'It's a Wonderful Life,' he tackled the first word by saying, "It starts with a--" and creating an "i" with his arms, then motioning a "t" and then drawing the outline of an "s" with his finger. "I'm giving you three letters," he told his wife. Fallon burst out laughing. Time ran out before Jerry could, well, spell out the other words. "I've made a living from being a nitwit," he said, unfazed.

Barbara

Jerry very talented...wonderful on Seinfeld and King of Queens...he was so very scary though in an episode of Outer Limits (I believe it was) as a radio DJ.

December 16 2010 at 6:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TIna

I love Jerry Stiller! He doesn't even have to speak a word, his facial expressions crack me up! I've loved him since the first time I saw him in the movie Hairspray. He was also perfect on The King of Queens! Wonderful actor and very funny!

December 16 2010 at 3:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ei65

I thought that show was hialrious. It was old slapstick comedy at its best. Ann and Jerry were hysterical and it played itself perfectly.

December 16 2010 at 3:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

A no talent family raking in big bucks. I don't get it.

December 16 2010 at 1:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Mike's comment
maryann

you obviously wouldn't know talent if it bit you in your a.s.s.

December 16 2010 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ann

Just another hater troll you are. Have fun being miserable in life.

December 16 2010 at 5:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ann

I thought they were great, so funny and cute. They get better with age. I grew up watching them and I hope they are around for years to come.

December 16 2010 at 11:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Donna

I love jerry, Anne and Ben, their all great people, that are also as funny as anyone can be.
All these years Jerry and his wife, has been in hollywood, and never heard of one bad thing about any of them. Together they had Ben, and he is as good of an actor as his parents. Its obvious they taught him well.
I wish them all the very best in life, they do deserve it.

December 16 2010 at 9:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to Donna's comment
blair

I love them too - unfortunately another clip I will not see - due to pausing the advertisement being shoved down my throat.

December 16 2010 at 10:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
coprhdaz

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their house at a holiday dinner. Must be fun.

December 16 2010 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply