November 1, 2014
TV's Best Video Clips - Updated Daily

'Survivor: Nicaragua' -- Jane Is Betrayed, So She Angrily Attacks the Campfire (VIDEO)

by Oliver Miller, posted Dec 16th 2010 12:52AM
'Survivor: Nicaragua' -- Jane Is Betrayed, So She Angrily Attacks the Campfire This was the penultimate episode of 'Survivor: Nicaragua' (Wed., 8PM ET on CBS), and things were getting tense. Six players remained; five spots were available. And tonight, one player was eliminated in a fairly spectacular fashion.

Jane Bright returned to camp to ask if her four-person alliance was still holding together. It wasn't. "Somebody has to go tonight," Holly said. "It's hard." There was then a long, awkward pause, as Jane, Chase, Holly and Sash stood nervously in a circle. " ... So, is it me?" Jane said at last.

Yes; it was. Jane's own alliance had turned against her -- because they were afraid that the plucky 56-year-old would beat them all in the finale. This gave Jane two options: She could react calmly, and try to win the alliance back, or, she could be outraged. And Jane chose ... outraged.

"Y'all been conniving this the whole time!" she said, and flipped off her former alliance-mates. Next, Jane headed back to the center of camp, and doused the campfire that she had started -- dumping a big bucket of water onto the flames. "By God," she said, "I started it -- I'll put it out!"

But Jane's anger didn't change anything. At Tribal Council, she was unanimously voted out by the other contestants. Jane may have put out the campfire, but Jeff Probst put out her torch -- and she was sent home. Five players remain as we head into the finals. Who are you rooting for? What did you think of the way the alliance turned against Jane -- was it a betrayal, or a natural part of how the game is played?

c jones

and it's dan in the winners spot! All he need do is state as his argument, I did nothing and here I am. I didn't backstab anybody. And I fooled you all! I'm actually pretty healthy and strong. I passed the heath test to get here didn't I! I did nothing bad to any of you so give me the vote instead of them.
The winner! :)

December 18 2010 at 2:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom Stoneburner

WORST...SEASON...EVER!!!

Medallion of Power? Seriously? The idiot that made it a part of the game should be fired. It was probably included to help the older tribe. It would only have worked if the team playing it won a challenge that they would have otherwise lost. One loss after playing it gives the other team an automatic 2-man (more?) lead (play it next challenge = other tribe 2 down).

Also, which idiot decided to give both tribes free stuff? Take the medallion and the other team gets things? Seriously? There have been too many ridiculous bonuses this season.

Loss of good players. Jimmy J gone. The first guy elminated. Both good players that would have made the game more enjoyable to watch.

Morons and boring people making it to the jury. Nadonkey? Seriously? She joins the fabled "Survivor Stupid, Lazy, Weak, Ghetto Trash Hall of Fame" with Cirie and the Olympic sprinter. Is Survivor secretly racist (anti-black)? With 30-some (40?) million black people in the U.S. and half of them female, these three are the best the show has to offer? Hell they even tried to force Cirie on the public by bringing her back twice (3 times total). F'ing embarrassment to the show.

Also, quitters staying on the jury. Absent a genuine nervous breakdown certified by a psychologist that requires treatment while in Ponderosa, quitters should be given the least amount of money legally allowed and have their jury spaces given to the people eliminated just before them. 'Convenience' quitters ruin the game and often make terrible votes in the Finals. Complete BS.

Get rid of 'dumb luck' idols. No more idols hidden in camp. No more idol clues in reward items. No more idol clues in random places for someone to stumble on.

Bring back Exile Island. Idol clues should only be given due to suffering punishment (Exile Island) or sacrifice (passing up food at auction or not seeing video message from home).

If Survivor doesn't change itself for the better, the show won't make it to 2013. This season is the beginning of the end. The previous two seasons would have been the start, but Russel(?) saved the seasons with his personality. Love him or hate him, he made you feel something. The morons in this season are blander than white bread.

December 16 2010 at 9:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathy

I was shocked that Fabio and Dan voted for Jane. Why did they not vote Holly off. OMG what idiots. I thought Jane was awesome throwing water on the fire. GOOD for her. Chase I am sooooooo disappointed in him . He promises to take Fabio if he won the challenge and Holly got to go again. I would have voted him off if I had been Fabio. Why oh why is Dan still there? They need Boston Rob on to sort them out haha. I hope Fabio wins the rest forget it.

December 16 2010 at 7:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue

I was hoping that Jane might go all the way and win this season's Survivor, that is until I heard her dirty mouth! Oh,my goodness, Jane! What a mouth you have on you. And then the daughter arrived and she had a potty mouth as well. They just showed the world they were white trash. They also gave North Carolina a bad name.

December 16 2010 at 6:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bobcheesedoodle

Personally, I disliked Jane from the get-go. If a guy acted as cocky and arrogant as Jane everyone would hate him for it. When she dumped water on the fire, she demonstrated her true character. And who would believe she's only 56 years old? Also, the notion she expressed that people from the Carolinas are more honest than people from other places is just plain despicable. Good riddance Jane.

December 16 2010 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Paul

I think Jane wasn't upset about being betrayed its part of the game but the fact that her alliance when she confronted them they were "ummm errr ummm" shes pissed they didn't come out right and say it. Shes a big girl she can take it what she couldn't take is those idjits trying to cover it up instead of being straight up

December 16 2010 at 4:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nanci Biebighauser

Seems to me that Dan must be doing something right, 'cause he's still thre! I truly hope taht Fabio continues to win immunity. Chase lost my respect when he PROMISED to take Fabio on reward, and then took Holly. It's going to be interesting to see who the jury votes for, but please God, not Sash or Holly. I hope Fabio wins it all!

December 16 2010 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
K. Miller

Sigh...I love SURVIVOR but it never ceases to amaze me how EACH group "allows" certain members to call the shots!How STUPID were Dan & Fabio after Jane pointed it out to them before they voted!!!! Good grief...get rid of Holly then the 3 of you have control of the game! Good grief!!! If you are that STUPID then you deserve to go home! Bye Fabio, Bye Dan!!!

December 16 2010 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to K. Miller's comment
Mike

The reason they didn't do that is quite simple, actually, and not really that stupid. Both Fabio and Dan concluded they were better off taking their chances at the next tribal than taking a chance with Jane.

And they're right.

If Jane got to the end, she had the money. Marty as much as said that, and he was right.

As it is now, why would Fabio have gone with Jane, an assured winner? All he has to do is win one more immunity. Dan won't win immunity, but what he's counting on is the disintegration of the remaining alliance of 3.

It's not a coincidence that Dan is still around and wasn't remotely the object of discussion for voting at the last tribal. What none of the remaining players will openly admit is that they all see him in the finals... but to get him in, someone from their final 3 has to go. So, even if Fabio wins immunity, that just means that Sash and Holly, or Holly and Chase, or Chase and Sash are going to dump the odd man out.

So, Fabio is hoping that the assured winner is gone (Jane), that he can win immunity, or, short of that, that he can sway 2 of the 3 to bring him along... however, that's not likely since they also should know he'd win in the finals against any of them... except Dan.

Dan, on the other hand, is far better off with Jane gone. He couldn't have beaten her. The other alternative was him going home or forcing a tie with Jane and Holly and hoping it was Holly who went... but that would leave Jane... her own threat.

Either way, though, Sash isn't likely to want to be there in the end without Dan and with Holly. Chase he might have a stronger chance against.

In the end, though, none of them had a chance against Jane, so it isn't surprising that she was voted out. Also not surprising, since they have properly concluded that that group of 3 isn't as strong an alliance as suggested... those two things combine for a better shot at the million by dumping Jane.

December 16 2010 at 9:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Justme053059

Stupid show

December 16 2010 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Judy

I agree that quitters should be sent home. They are a disgrace to be sitting on the jury laughing at the others, especially the so called ghetto queen she's an out and out criminal for things she did (Holly too).

Jane was treated like crap because she actually is a survivor. She fed the tribe, she wins the challanges, she has integrity. There is no reason to turn into a scum ball when you go on this show. Chase needs to have a brain implanted...I can't say transplanted because I don't think he has one to trade out. Dan, what can I say!!!! Why is he there? If he makes it to the end then I think I'm going to have my 88 year old mother-in-law try out because she'd be sure to win the million........

December 16 2010 at 2:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply